Internet going in and out

SNEAKYZACK

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
My PC refuses to keep a constant connection when gaming (I don't get disconnected but packet loss/ connection gets so bad i get kicked from almost any game and others are unplayable) but any other time I have no problems. I've tried reinstalling/ updating drivers, completely reinstalling windows, making sure everything inside PC was connected properly to fix it. I've also tried wired and wireless connections and neither work better or worse. I know its just my PC as my laptop can play these games with no problems so I think something on the motherboard is broke how can I test this to see if that's the case?

Specs:
CPU: i7-4790k
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z97 Killer
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: Sapphire 580 Nitro
PSU: Corsair 850w

Edit: Games will work fine for about the first 10 minutes i'm playing then its like my PC refuses to let them use the internet so they disconnect for a second then reconnect and this occurs again and again until I restart the PC.

2nd Edit: So now its doing it to my laptop too. Also I don't use the killer control center on either PC, its not even installed just the drivers that are needed so the Ethernet port works are. Is it possible my ISP is blocking a certain port I need? The main 2 games I notice this on the most is R6:Siege and WarThunder.

Solution
I have not looked at their site in a while. They used to have one they said it was a driver only with no killer features. Maybe they finally got smart and stopped putting the features in the driver and only have the add on program do things.

I make it a point when I buy motherboards to make sure it does not have killer chips so I do not look at their site much.
My standard guess whenever I see people report strange issues on a motherboard that has "killer" nic chipset.

I would try replace the drivers with the version from killer website that has all the killer features removed.

They have a history of buggy drivers and microsoft seems to constantly break killers stuff when they put out large patches.

You can test between your machines in your house with a old line mode tool called IPERF. It is a extremely simplistic tool so it is not impacted by issues with disk or memory etc.

SNEAKYZACK

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016

What driver would that be? The only ones I see are normal ones for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.

I have not looked at their site in a while. They used to have one they said it was a driver only with no killer features. Maybe they finally got smart and stopped putting the features in the driver and only have the add on program do things.

I make it a point when I buy motherboards to make sure it does not have killer chips so I do not look at their site much.

Solution