Internet not working with wifi or Ethernet

KatScratch

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
My computer says it is connected to my router, but the internet will not work. It was working just tested day but then it stopped. The ipv4 and ipv6 say no internet acces. I've tried many fixes I found on Google, but none of them seem to work. Don't know what other information may be needed so just ask me for anything.

Solution
try to connect your gateway first to know that your connected to your device
simply right click start then click run command prompt as admin

type ipconfig and you will see the DEFAULT GATEWAY then type that on your web browser if you can connect ....
also try troubleshooting your adapter..........
network and sharing center then go to the "change adapter settings" in the left pane then right click your adapter and select troubleshoot this
Windows can find the problem and it can fix automatically providing its with your network adapter

cal90

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Check That the wifi card has not been turned off by function key or wifi switch on the case. some computers on the bottom have wifi on off switch. If it does not have a switch on the outside of the case. Use a USB stick download updated chipset drivers for the machine and the network drivers from your vendor. i would also check your av some can cause stuff to go bad nod32 avira bitdefender all do funny things imo. might also be a good idea to try a reboot on the router and unplug and replug the cables in. if that fails aswell you can try to restart your wifi adapter in your computer.

KatScratch

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

It's turned on

cal90

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
try to connect your gateway first to know that your connected to your device
simply right click start then click run command prompt as admin

type ipconfig and you will see the DEFAULT GATEWAY then type that on your web browser if you can connect ....
also try troubleshooting your adapter..........
network and sharing center then go to the "change adapter settings" in the left pane then right click your adapter and select troubleshoot this
Windows can find the problem and it can fix automatically providing its with your network adapter

Solution