Internet problem on one specific network with one specific laptop

Doxorn

Honorable
Aug 23, 2017
My DNS host is not responding at irregular times on my workplace network but only on my laptop.
I have to do a FlushDNS to resolve the problem temporarily. Sometimes it works after that for days or hours but sometimes only for minutes or seconds.
I already created a bat file with the ip release and renew + flushdns commands because it is quite common for me.

Noone else have this problem, my phone is also working fine on that wifi.

During the 4 years I had this laptop something like this never happened and it is only happening on this specific network.

I tried connecting to the router but it is unreachable when I get this.

Tried reseting router, tried resting my internet settings. All was just temporary solution.

Any toughts what else could I do to fix this?

PS: while the DNS host is unreachable the wifi icon on the bottom of my screen shows as if I have perfect connection

If it is only a DNS issue you could try to hard code the DNS to 8.8.8.8 in your pc. If you have no access to the router ip when this happens it is more likely DHCP. There are no real setting for DHCP so it hard to say why it would not just work. You could try a static ip address as well as the static dns setting and see if the problem goes away.

Doxorn

Honorable
Aug 23, 2017

Tried static IP. Tried hard coding DNS. They worked for a while and when I tought it finally went away, it didn't.
It worked for a few weeks and now it is back as usual.