Intet Had Just 0.2% of Smartphone Proccessors in H1 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyflinger

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Quality journalism at its best... if the lack of content isn't bad enough, this is exactly why I find myself coming to THW less and less. x_x

srhelicity

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Two words are not spelled correctly in a ten "word" headline. I've never complained about proofreading / editing the articles on TH, but that's too ridiculous to miss. "Intet" and "proccessors" -- really? On an article that appears on the front page of TH? Oy.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]srhelicity[/nom]..."proccessors" -- really?[/citation]
I think they were trying to subliminally imply the slowness of the processors: prooocccccessssooorrrrsss

G

Um, Intel really didn't have much out in the first half. Orange and Motorola Razr-i are both 2nd half products. Really, the Motorola product just now launched. Come back and tell us about 1st half 2013 for a real comparison of how the first Medfield did. Pretty stupid to say they only sold a million and a half considering they just started selling them in China in mid 2012. That is actually not bad considering when they started. Again, if they are still selling less than 10 million in 1st half 2013, then write a story about it.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Who's Intet? I think I know why Intet does not have much smart phone penetration. It might be because no one knows who Intet is. Really terrible marketing department.

[citation][nom]srhelicity[/nom]Two words are not spelled correctly in a ten "word" headline. I've never complained about proofreading / editing the articles on TH, but that's too ridiculous to miss. "Intet" and "proccessors" -- really? On an article that appears on the front page of TH? Oy.[/citation]
It use to be really really bad, and then it got better towards the end of last year, and now they are slipping up again.

QC tom's... QC!
Word has a spellchecker... heck, even most web browsers have a spell checker. Even the simple text editor built into Windows has a spell check... use what is available!

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]They must have removed the "intet" mistake, now you all look like fools[/citation]

Processor still has an extra C....

G

Apple will one day, remove the Intel inside, and that one day being very soon, if Intel trys to over price Haswell like they have been doing with other laptop OEM's! As Far as Apple cell phones, it will always be Intel outside.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]They must have removed the "intet" mistake, now you all look like fools[/citation]

Yeah, they fixed it (I saw it earlier, it was right in the headlines :D )

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]crazykid1801[/nom]Intet? lol[/citation]

Maybe intentional. Intet means "nothing" in Danish, and that's pretty much their market share.

I expect Intel to at least double that market share within the next couple of years but frankly I doubt that they'll have more than 2% in even 4-5 years.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Intel has great success on anything than x86 processors. They paid $1b to NVidia and they *still* can't produce a decent graphics chip. And they try to produce low-energy chips by reducing the nm while the same - bad - x86-style architecture is the main problem.

ARM is not AMD. And ARM has qualities that Intel cannot understand - yet...

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
hahahaha i knew it was a wolfgang article!

What kind of crap story is this anyway? Of course they had a tiny market share in the first half of the year, they only launched the Xolo X900 at the END OF APRIL.

More anti-intel stories from wolfgang...

Status
Not open for further replies.