[SOLVED] IObit programs

Feb 24, 2020
I read on another forum that IObit programs are to be avoided, does anyone agree, disagree? Just looking for help keeping everything clean, up to date, and possibly catch issues I may miss.

Solution
You want to avoid any automatic driver update software such as Driver Booster. There's usually no reason to update drivers unless you have issues, except for your video card driver which should be updated occasionally, particularly if you are gamer. Just because a new driver is out, that doesn't necessarily mean it's "better" than your current driver. New drivers (like any software) can contain bugs that the older version didn't therefore causing crashes / BSODs.

Avoid any registry cleaners/fixers like Advanced Systemcare. They simply do nothing for you and most can/will cause issues even if you don't see it right away. They will not speed up your system in any way other than a placebo effect.

As for any other software they...

gardenman

Splendid
You want to avoid any automatic driver update software such as Driver Booster. There's usually no reason to update drivers unless you have issues, except for your video card driver which should be updated occasionally, particularly if you are gamer. Just because a new driver is out, that doesn't necessarily mean it's "better" than your current driver. New drivers (like any software) can contain bugs that the older version didn't therefore causing crashes / BSODs.

Avoid any registry cleaners/fixers like Advanced Systemcare. They simply do nothing for you and most can/will cause issues even if you don't see it right away. They will not speed up your system in any way other than a placebo effect.

As for any other software they have, I don't know.

If you want to keep your PC clean, delete the temporary files / cache with the browser you are using or use Disk Cleanup that comes with Windows.

Solution
Feb 24, 2020
yeah, why would you use anything like that?
So you think it should be avoided? There were only 2 sentences in my post, the 2nd sentence stated why I would use anything like that quite clearly I thought, sorry you missed it.
I've had issues with my system that no forums or techs have been able to solve, including this one. My last step is to replace the motherboard and to install a new version of Windows 10, but I don't have extra money to throw around. I'm just asking questions, I'm looking for anything that might find a tiny issue, maybe a program that IObit has might find something, maybe there are other programs that might help, I don't know if IObit is a scam, harmful, safe, are there safe alternatives if it is not safe? I'm no computer tech, but even techs aren't finding solution.

Feb 24, 2020
Thanks Gardenman,

Exactly what I was looking for. I do pay attention to the Radeon Adrenalin updates and update properly with AMD, and I read the release notes when the new drivers come out. I do manage the cache and I've used Windows features plenty. Thanks for your help.