iPhone 5 Demand Weakens, Apple Cuts Screen Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apple seemed to be regaining Market share in the US, but in Europe its sales are suffering vs Android.

This is the opportunity Microsoft have been waiting for, can they capatilize on it? I have a Lumia 920 and everybody who has seen it, except for die hard Apple fans (who would buy a lump coal for $600 if it said Apple on it), have been impressed.

dmuir

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
I'm calling shenanigans. Stock manipulation plain and simple.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2013/01/15/did-the-wsj-get-punkd-on-apple-or-is-it-rotten-to-the-core/

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Apple lost its niche market, that was innovative phones combined with design and intelligent OS. In an ironic twist of faith, lets hope the chinese market can save AAPL.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Get with it WSJ and Tom's... Cutting current orders says nothing about previous orders. It's common practice for companies to front-load orders for materials and create an internal surplus. This is especially common after the Q4 of the fiscal year where a company sets out to max its spending for the year so as not to negatively impact Q1 of the next fiscal year. I'm saying all of this as a general Apple-disliker. But these orders say nothing about actual demand for the device--it's just an inferred conclusion from Tom's. Many analysts (both tech. and financial) in the industry have de-bunked this already.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
There is a very interesting parallel that has been ongoing for years, a parallel that should make most reasonable human beings stop and think. Apple and Lance Armstrong. Examining the trajectories of these two entities should make us realize how shitty we really are. Modern media has done everything in it's power to turn every single story into an epic. We cheer the rise of a hero...but we find even more satisfaction in the fall of that same hero. Just as Lance Armstrong was built up to be this impossibly great athlete, Apple was inflated to levels never substantiated. Apple's "creator" attained god-like status when in reality he was an a-hole who's real talent was marketing. Projected sales numbers placed at unattainable levels then required the doctoring of the "actual" numbers...all of this led to a massive bubble. As we all know painfully well, bubbles burst. Just as Lance is experiencing his fall from glory, Apple is slowly sinking. Fans don't understand what's going on, just as non-fans couldn't understand the uncontrolled ascension. It doesn't make any sense because it shouldn't have happened in the first place. But now the paper hero is exposed, and the cycle will begin again. All the while the media tycoons rake in the profits, and we just follow, ready to gobble up the next epic they create.

halcyon

Splendid
If Apple can find a way to make iOS both simple (for those that value that) and powerful/customizable (for the rest of us) as well as make the next iPhones/iPads innovative they can do fine. If they continue to do what they've been doing...well, it'd be their own fault.

Hate Apple (USA) so love Korea (KOR), and while Google couldn't care less which 'device' your using with it's ($0) free OS as long as it's product (you) is using as many of it's services as possible to track everything (you) are doing for it's paying clients (Ads) advertisers.

There's some some irony!

Since it takes several units of the e.g. Galaxy to equate the same income as (1) iPhone Apple has little to worry about.

So those that say "F*uck Apple" -- add to that "F*ck USA."

This Forbes story has it right - http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2013/01/15/did-the-wsj-get-punkd-on-apple-or-is-it-rotten-to-the-core/ so do you say F*ck Forbes?"

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Steve Made the First real smartphone , Apple just happened to be the company he worked with . They did a good job marketing to nerds that would pay 500 dollars for a phone and wait in line , After so many years the nerds got smarter and said "well I can get an S3 with a huge screen " while Apple keeps recycling their phones. This reminds me of Blizzard Master recyclers.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]Hate Apple (USA) so love Korea (KOR), and while Google couldn't care less which 'device' your using with it's ($0) free OS as long as it's product (you) is using as many of it's services as possible to track everything (you) are doing for it's paying clients (Ads) advertisers.There's some some irony! Since it takes several units of the e.g. Galaxy to equate the same income as (1) iPhone Apple has little to worry about. So those that say "F*uck Apple" -- add to that "F*ck USA."This Forbes story has it right - http://www.forbes.com/sites/markro [...] -the-core/ so do you say F*ck Forbes?"[/citation]

FYI...all of apple's mobile products are made in china. Conversely, Samsung plans to have 100% of production of it's US-market mobile devices made in the US within 10 years. They've already started on that path. The only thing "American" about Apple is the location of their headquarters.

If you believe Apple is not tracking and watching everything you do on an iPhone just like Google watches Android phones, then you are even more gullible than the fanboys you complain about.

retrophe

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]Hate Apple (USA) so love Korea (KOR), and while Google couldn't care less which 'device' your using with it's ($0) free OS as long as it's product (you) is using as many of it's services as possible to track everything (you) are doing for it's paying clients (Ads) advertisers.There's some some irony! Since it takes several units of the e.g. Galaxy to equate the same income as (1) iPhone Apple has little to worry about. So those that say "F*uck Apple" -- add to that "F*ck USA."This Forbes story has it right - http://www.forbes.com/sites/markro [...] -the-core/ so do you say F*ck Forbes?"[/citation]

Actually yes, since this recent article of theirs says that Dayton, Ohio as the happiest place to work . . . riiiiiiiiiiight
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45edkmj/the-10-happiest-cities-to-work-in/?utm_source=homes.yahoo.com&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=happiest%2Bcities%2Bto%2Bwork&partner=yahoore

G

I've heard from a couple people recently that iPhones are so common they aren't special anymore. A co-worker said his kids refused getting an iPhone because they didn't want a phone like grandma's.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
The Samsheep have spoken and live for Apple articles...hehe. Apple will do just fine and no company, especially Tech Company can be on top forever. I am proud to know that companies like Apple are US based. I recall in the 80-90s when everything came from Japan and now its US, China, Korea.

frank_drebin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
[citation][nom]master9716[/nom]Steve Made the First real smartphone , Apple just happened to be the company he worked with . They did a good job marketing to nerds that would pay 500 dollars for a phone and wait in line , After so many years the nerds got smarter and said "well I can get an S3 with a huge screen " while Apple keeps recycling their phones. This reminds me of Blizzard Master recyclers.[/citation]

I agree StarCraft and Diablo are pretty much same games with reskinned characters

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]ROBOCHIMP[/nom]robochump 01/16/2013 10:08 PMHide-0+inbredrobo :robochump 01/16/2013 9:48 PMHide-0+The Samsheep have spoken and live for Apple articles...hehe. Apple will do just fine and no company, especially Tech Company can be on top forever. I am proud to know that companies like Apple are US based. I recall in the 80-90s when everything came from Japan and now its US, China, Korea.Are you that inbred? Apple is US in name only. Everything Apple makes comes from China! You isheep are the dumbest chimps on the planet!Lol, wow. IHater came up with another non-sense statement. Keep up the laughs, classic!DUDE! APPLE IS US IN NAME ONLY! EVERYTHING APPLE MAKES IS IN CHINA! SAMSUNG ON THE OTHERHAND DOES HAVE FACTORIES IN THE US! YOU ARE TRULY STUPID!Apple employees over 300K US employees[/citation]

Lol...man ur either a hilarious troll or delusional iHater. Apple employees over 300K US employees and does majority of R&D, engineering in the US and has foreign (mainly Asian) companies make the parts and assemble like many other tech companies because its cheaper. Get your facts right instead of creating multiple accounts so you can thumb up all Samsheep posts and thumb down Apple ones...lol. http://www.apple.com/about/job-creation/

Status
Not open for further replies.