iPhone 5S brings up "login" page before I can use the WiFi

DarkLord1984

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
Hi there,

My ISP recently had an outage and ever since then my iPhone 5S is having issues connecting to my homeline broadband via wifi, I have it all logged in with the correct username and password etc but whenever I put my phone down for a bit and the screen goes off, once I go to use it again the wifi is no longer connected it just says 3G and when I go to use an app that uses the internet such as Facebook it comes up with this login screen that says thinkdifferent.us and TELECOM-985G8G (which is the model number of my modem) then in tiny text it says success and I have to click Done before I can use the wifi.

I have spoken with Apple and they say it's not the phone but that something has changed with my broadband. It never used to do this, it just used to log back into wifi automatically without any login screens or anything. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do. I've recently run a firmware upgrade on the modem which hasn't fixed the problem. I've tried to get a hold of my ISP but haven't had much luck so far as their phonelines are jammed.

Many thanks.

bobsilver

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
Seems like a reset or something occurred when you lost power. Do you get this same issue with another device? It would appear that the modem is looking for some authentication and you will probably need assistance from the isp to reset that.

Bob Silver
NETGEAR Networking Assistant