iPhone 5S Will Have Multiple Screen Sizes, Colors in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Just got an iPhone 5 for Christmas. Now I'm desperately searching for someone dumb enough to trade me for a proper phone. More screen sizes and colors wouldn't convince me to keep this thing.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]curnel_D[/nom]Just got an iPhone 5 for Christmas. Now I'm desperately searching for someone dumb enough to trade me for a proper phone. More screen sizes and colors wouldn't convince me to keep this thing.[/citation]

How much are you willing to sell it? Is it unlocked?

G

I stopped caring about iphone at the 4. My next upgrade will be the galaxy note 3 with a 6.3 inch screen from my note 1.

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]I stopped caring about iphone at the 4. My next upgrade will be the galaxy note 3 with a 6.3 inch screen from my note 1.[/citation]
That's nothing, I'm waiting for the Note 4 with a 7.5 inch screen -__-
In the meantime, people waiting for cellphones bigger than the Amazon Kindle resort to using The Samsung Tab.

sorrento

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Be careful, maybe apple could pattent "Different Screen Sizes and Multiple Color in a Cell/Smartphone".

G

Got my lumia 920 a few days ago and already that feels quite small even though i have small hands i couldn't imagine having an iPhone now, its just too small, maybe if they had a 5" and a 4" then I could consider it (although it would never happen)

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]curnel_D[/nom]Just got an iPhone 5 for Christmas. Now I'm desperately searching for someone dumb enough to trade me for a proper phone. More screen sizes and colors wouldn't convince me to keep this thing.[/citation]

Sure you did.

Its about time Apple offers more colors!

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Apple would be well served to offer a 5 inch phone with a better display, more ram, and a SD card slot. A 5 inch size would allow for a larger battery. Everyone I know bitches about the iphone's battery life. And they don't believe me when I tell them how long my Note 2 lasts. Hopefully for Apple, they don't just add an app and a "s" on the end. Hopefully they don't screw the people out of that app. People who bought siri before the 4S came out got screwed. And then they were told that the iphone 4 or 3 wasn't fast enough for siri. It shocks me that a company can constantly shit on their customer base and still be successful.

They really need to do something magical. If they don't, they have zero chance enticing anyone who has switched to android. Never mind the phone, update your software. And maybe you should stop saying that the competition's features are shitty. That way you won't look like such a tool when you choose to adopt these "shitty" features a few years later. Cough cough, small tablet, cough, task manager, cough, S pen and notification bar. Companies that never say never rarely look like fools.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom]Apple would be well served to offer a 5 inch phone with a better display, more ram, and a SD card slot. A 5 inch size would allow for a larger battery. Everyone I know bitches about the iphone's battery life. And they don't believe me when I tell them how long my Note 2 lasts. Hopefully for Apple, they don't just add an app and a "s" on the end. Hopefully they don't screw the people out of that app. People who bought siri before the 4S came out got screwed. And then they were told that the iphone 4 or 3 wasn't fast enough for siri. It shocks me that a company can constantly shit on their customer base and still be successful. They really need to do something magical. If they don't, they have zero chance enticing anyone who has switched to android. Never mind the phone, update your software. And maybe you should stop saying that the competition's features are shitty. That way you won't look like such a tool when you choose to adopt these "shitty" features a few years later. Cough cough, small tablet, cough, task manager, cough, S pen and notification bar. Companies that never say never rarely look like fools.[/citation]

I won't touch a 5" phone, 4.3 or 4.5 is a good size.

People I know with a Note II complain about their battery life as oppose to the iPhone users I know.

They shit on their customer base? You do know they provide a solid 3 year update support on the first day an update is available, can you say that about Android devices and providing for their customer base? You're talking about adding new features through update, S2 doesn't even have full JB support or Note 1 yet for its customers, now that's a joke.

The Apple store has top-notch customer service to help people with problems and needs, you phone Samsung for help their awful. Have a hardware problem with a phone you cannot even compare the help Apple provides compared to Android manufacturers they are light years apart (even when the phone is not purchased at the Apple store they are incredibly accommodating to their customers).

Android manufacturers have the habit of abandoning and providing obstacles post-purchase for any help and support.

Hpnotiq

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]I won't touch a 5" phone, 4.3 or 4.5 is a good size.People I know with a Note II complain about their battery life as oppose to the iPhone users I know.They shit on their customer base? You do know they provide a solid 3 year update support on the first day an update is available, can you say that about Android devices and providing for their customer base? You're talking about adding new features through update, S2 doesn't even have full JB support or Note 1 yet for its customers, now that's a joke.The Apple store has top-notch customer service to help people with problems and needs, you phone Samsung for help their awful. Have a hardware problem with a phone you cannot even compare the help Apple provides compared to Android manufacturers they are light years apart (even when the phone is not purchased at the Apple store they are incredibly accommodating to their customers).Android manufacturers have the habit of abandoning and providing obstacles post-purchase for any help and support.[/citation]
LIES. No one with a Note II complains about battery life. It's packing a 3,100 mAh battery (stock).

For the rest of what you said, I couldn't care less. I just wanted to expose your second sentence for the lie that it is.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]How much are you willing to sell it? Is it unlocked?[/citation]

[citation][nom]hitman400[/nom]That's nothing, I'm waiting for the Note 4 with a 7.5 inch screen -__-In the meantime, people waiting for cellphones bigger than the Amazon Kindle resort to using The Samsung Tab.[/citation]

ROFL, I poke fun at my friends with the Samsung tablet phones with my Nexus 7 by holding it up to my face and pretending to answer a call or dialing with my palm... It's like the old people phones of the past with the big buttons. At some point the screen size being larger is stupid.

Sent from my Nexus 7

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008

Dude if it's unlocked, I'll buy it from you - It's worth like $700-800+ A bit more than the "proper phone" you're wanting to purchase it for, LMAO

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
@wemakeourfuture.

Really? I think you are holding it wrong. Users can update through Samsung kies. It is the carriers that hold back on updating. Note 1 is getting Jelly Bean..... next? Siri doesn't run on the iphone 4? really? It ran fine when it was an app on iTunes. Apple buys it and all of a sudden, they invented it!

I spent an hour on the phone with Apple trying to get iTunes to work across 3 HTPC's with one iTunes account. 3 different geniuses couldn't make it "just work" They then blamed my computers. I put 3 fresh installs on new partitions. After updating, with no other software installed, it still didn't work. I now use Zune pass and have over 6000 songs for $100/year. I could choose to use zune pass like iTunes and purchase songs for less money than iTunes. The new iTunes looks like a total rip off of zune.

I have been building computers since the first Pentium so I might know more than the average guy. Apple is the Jehovah witnesses of the tech world. They market to elitists and to the ignorant. It is unfortunate that those two groups are as large as they are.

If the note 2 is too large..... that is fair, large phones may not be for everyone. The note 2 takes a few days to get used to. The S2 is a better buy for the screen alone. Super AMOLED (especially non pentile) is vastly superior to LCD. The note 2 has 20 times the contrast ratio of the iphone 5.

Apple may have provided you with good service, but they insult their users intelligence in so many ways.
Believe me, Apple won't be getting any android user back if they don't change.

If Apple made a product that I wanted and I felt it was a good value compared to the competition, I would consider buying it. I bought my wife an iphone 4 when it first came out. I thought that it may be easier to teach her ios. The iphone 4 is not a bad choice when you compare it to a galaxy s. The S2 walks all over it. Forget about the S3 or the note 2.

With Apple's shenanigans the apple product would have to be vastly superior in order for me to consider supporting the likes of Apple. Currently Apple is simply falling further and further behind with every new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.