iPhone 6: All The Hardware Rumors So Far

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Your points about Apple are true, but to say Microsoft is much different when it comes to innovation or forward progress is a mistake. Microsoft simply doesn't offer anything new at all on any front. They arguably haven't innovated anything for over 10 years.

Windows Phone only has market share because Nokia produces some decent phones in the $99-200 bracket and Windows Phone OS ran better than older version of Android on low end hardware. (Not true with Kit Kit though). It doesn't do anything differently than what is already available, and is actually way behind in most areas. All of the "new" features that will be offered in 8.1 have been copied from iOS or Android.

Microsoft exists on maintaining it's Windows monopoly, mudslinging the competition when behind, and bullying smaller companies under the threat of patent lawsuits. It has actually been a hindrance to innovation for years. It has a corporate culture that is based around politics, lies, and getting even. It's an overgrown giant that needs to die or dramatically reinvent itself in order for innovation to proceed unhindered.

sean1357

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I have Samsung S2, S4, iPhone 4S 64gb, iPhone 5S 64gb. I like the Samsung hardware, but don't like crappy Android apps with advestising. So I stick with iPhone for my main daily use. Looking for iPhone 6S....

IQ11110002

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
I would probably go back to Apple and get an iPhone 6(currently on Note II) if they make it 5 inch screen, no bigger than that. 5inch seems to be the sweet spot for me for daily carry around phone. 2560 x 1600 resolution,128gb storage(I hate cloud bullshit want local storage) BIGGER battery(number 1 feature I think most people want in any brand phone),NFC, Better antenna, USB 3 port would be nice(I think that new lightning port is only USB 2,Don't quote me though). Rest I couldn't care for 64bit why bother it's a phone,sapphire glass, once again why bother when you can buy tempered glass protectors or $5 cheaper plastic ones that will outlast the life of the phone, fingerprint scanner novelty at best.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
I sure hope they do something about those wide end bezels . I don't find anything attractive about the iPhone. It has a narrow screen , rows and rows of icons , wide end bezels. I can't understand the love people have for this hideous thing called iPhone. So I do hope Apple will improve on the looks of it. But knowing Apple , It won't
What's funny is that Samsun is just as narrow as an Iphone 5 and up, it's just that the screen is bigger. They both have a 16:9 aspect ratio.

qiplayer

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
For now the absolutely weakest point and pathetic thing is the battery. With iphone 5S I need to have the cable with me. Apple give us double the battery!!

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
When the Note 4 hits in September with a flexable bendable 6 inch screen it will end all the Iphone 6 hoopla for the remainder of the year.

LExSLAYER1

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
It's been said before. Apple need to up thier game a bit. Since the Iphone 4 came out we have not seen any major changes aside from hardware and software upgrades. Thery have not come up with something new and fresh in a very long time now. Whereas you have Samsung and Sony coming up with curved displays, waterproofing and innovative software features, Apple have failed to innovate at all. Yes the Iphone 5 was a bit bigger, yes the hardware has improved dramatically, but there hasnt been anything new. I would personally like to see the Iphone's design change for once. They can only expect consumers to buy the same thing so many times before it gets boring. While I will never personally own an Apple device (I hate the Apple ecosystem too much) I can give credit where its due. Apple are an amazing company, and they just ahve to come up with some fresh, innovative ideas to be ahead of their game again. Edit: The hell? Why was this reposted and my other post's removed?
It's been said before. Apple need to up thier game a bit. Since the Iphone 4 came out we have not seen any major changes aside from hardware and software upgrades. Thery have not come up with something new and fresh in a very long time now. Whereas you have Samsung and Sony coming up with curved displays, waterproofing and innovative software features, Apple have failed to innovate at all. Yes the Iphone 5 was a bit bigger, yes the hardware has improved dramatically, but there hasnt been anything new. I would personally like to see the Iphone's design change for once. They can only expect consumers to buy the same thing so many times before it gets boring. While I will never personally own an Apple device (I hate the Apple ecosystem too much) I can give credit where its due. Apple are an amazing company, and they just ahve to come up with some fresh, innovative ideas to be ahead of their game again. Edit: The hell? Why was this reposted and my other post's removed?
Agreed! Apple is like the COD of the gaming market.Little Faster Processor, cleaner looking operating system, new narrower display, same outer shell, same all around phone just about = new top of the line phone.Little better graphics, new maps, different game types/mechanics, same Engine, same all around game = new best seller.Copy Paste Copy Paste $$$$$$$$$

faster90828574

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

try the HTC One, i'm sure you will not be desapointed, apart from the google play may be

g-unit1111

Titan

I like to call it "Malibu Stacy Syndrome" from the Simpsons - same crap with a new hat. HTC, Motorola, Nokia, or Samsung could create the greatest thing in smart phones since sliced bread. All Apple has to do is tweak a few features and copy and paste everything else and the masses would buy it in droves. :lol:

stevenrix

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
I switched to Samsung S4 b/c my IPhone 4 had a very bad reception, I was losing the network constantly in my area (and ATT did not really care about this issue after mentioning it to them multiple times) and I was not really fond of the tiny screen on the IPhone. Now if Apple is able to supply us with a bigger screen, I might eventually switch back to IPhone.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Really? Apple is the most valuable company on Earth with more money in the bank than it's next 3 competitors combined. MS will never be a big player in the mobile market... ever. [/quotemsg]I find this seriously debatable. While Apple may well be the most valuable company money wise, number one this won't last forever, especially seeing as they keep releasing the same phone each year under a different model number and number two, they are most certainly not the most valuable as far as range of products and services is concerned. Companies like Samsung have thier fingers in all sorts of pies, from display tech to shipbuilding. Whereas any aquisitions made by Apple have been aimed entirely at thier i-devices (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Apple). Therefore overall is could be argues that Apple are actually one of the least valuable businesses, as all the mergers and aquisitions made by Samsung and the like all add up to much larger overall yearly income. [/quote]lol, you should do some fact checking then. Just because you have your hands in a bunch of stuff does not make you valuable. Do a google search to see how profitable each of the lines of business are. Might surprise you. They have many lines of business that are barely making money.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple is a wonderful company as it clearly shows how easy it is to herd human cattle. I wish they would produce useful technology that gave people more choices.

g-unit1111

Titan

Good question. The editors must have a quota they have to fill.

terroralpha

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
We all know how it will be when it comes,4.8 inch-5 inch screen slightly faster than the 5S. Only the Apple fanboys will think its revolutionary and one of a kind and wait in line a week out to get one. Meanwhile over at Samsung they will have flexable/foldable larger screens with higher resolution and blow away the Iphone 6 with the Note 4 and Galaxy S5.
If Apple makes the next iPhone with a 5" screen, my next phone will be a windows phone.

bodonnell

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
I hope Apple doesn't abandon those of us that actually like the fact the iPhone isn't a giant beast cell phone and that it will easily slide in the front pocket of my jeans. 2 sizes seems appropriate here, 1 with physical dimensions comparable to the current iPhone (even if the screen is slightly larger and the bezels are slightly smaller), and another for those craving a gigantic phablet.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
It's an iPhone... nobody cares anymore. Maybe they'll make it fecal matter proof... so its users can stick their $900 proprietary/Stat Capitalist phone right where the Sun don't shine. :p

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
It's an iPhone... nobody cares anymore. Maybe they'll make it fecal matter proof... so its users can stick their $900 proprietary/Stat Capitalist phone right where the Sun don't shine. :p

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Will it come with a changeable battery? That is the one thing I like about Android phones. You can change the battery. out for a fresh one when traveling. Especially long trips overseas.

anthony8989

Distinguished
lol, you should do some fact checking then. Just because you have your hands in a bunch of stuff does not make you valuable. Do a google search to see how profitable each of the lines of business are. Might surprise you. They have many lines of business that are barely making money.

Samsung:
Revenue Increase US$ 268.8 billion (FY 2012)[1]
Net income Increase US$ 30.1 billion (FY 2013)[1]
Total assets Increase US$ 590.4 billion (FY 2013)[1]
Total equity Increase US$ 256.3 billion (FY 2013)[1]
Employees 427,000 (FY 2013)[1]

Apple Inc.
Revenue Increase US$ 170.910 billion (2013)[2]
Operating income Decrease US$ 48.999 billion (2013)[2]
Net income Decrease US$ 37.037 billion (2013)[2]
Total assets Increase US$ 207.000 billion (2013)[2]
Total equity Increase US$ 123.549 billion (2013)[2]
Employees 80,000 (2013)[3]

You need to do your fact checking. That "stuff" that they have their 'hands'' in is worth more than most countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.