Sep 6, 2024
im getting a monitor but I can't decide between IPS and OLED. On one hand, IPS is cheaper and still good but OLED is absolutely amazing. I have a budget of 700 USD but would like to save some money.

title mentions quantum dot oled while you speaking about oled
well there are three types of oleds on market
traditional oled doesnt have any backlight, can get super bright has deep blacks, awesome colors...its very pricey
then theres woled, which uses white oled as backlight and for colors its using same tech as IPS/VA, ie white oleds shine through color filters, this results in much lower brightness, those are the cheap oleds on markets
last one is from your title: qd-oled, this one uses blue oled as backlight and red+green quantum dot color filters, this results in bright screen while retaining oled deep blacks and also awesome colors, qd-oled doesnt have native white lite, it gets it from mixing rgb

Sep 6, 2024
title mentions quantum dot oled while you speaking about oled
well there are three types of oleds on market
traditional oled doesnt have any backlight, can get super bright has deep blacks, awesome colors...its very pricey
then theres woled, which uses white oled as backlight and for colors its using same tech as IPS/VA, ie white oleds shine through color filters, this results in much lower brightness, those are the cheap oleds on markets
last one is from your title: qd-oled, this one uses blue oled as backlight and red+green quantum dot color filters, this results in bright screen while retaining oled deep blacks and also awesome colors, qd-oled doesnt have native white lite, it gets it from mixing rgb
im talking about QD OLED sorry to make you explain allat

TeamRed2024

Great
Aug 12, 2024
You're not gonna get much in the OLED platform for $700... the traditional OLED panels I'm talking about.

I've been using LG's models since 2018 and they are worth the price... which is getting better every year. The 42" OLED is $1100 at Best Buy... I have a 48" on my PC and a 65" and 77" in the bedroom/living room. The only panel that isn't an OLED is on my laptop and that's because they didn't offer one.

LG OLEDs are amazing. I've never experienced any issues or burn-in across thousands of hours of use.