[SOLVED] ipv4 and gateway problem

Nightaker

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
my ipv4 and default gateway [ 192.168.100.147 , 192.168.100.1 ] are different than what they used to be [192.168.1.2 , 192.168.1.1] and my router treats it like they are set on default and when i try to reach my router settings using the 192.168.1.1 [which is the real default gateway] it doesnt send me to my ZTE router website and when i try to use the 192.168.100.1 it sends me to a different router website air OS but when i try static ip address i can access to my zte router website but i lose connection to my ethernet and it changes to Network 2 or just Network but still can use the wifi but i dont think its enough and that worries me i tried the network reset but it didnt do nothing really so how do i fix it?

Solution
Hard to say it can be any other device in your house.

It will work fine as long as you only get 192.168.1.x ip addresses. The 192.168.100.x ones are causing the issue. If it does not actually exist it will not be a problem. The problem is at some point in time there was a ubiquiti router on your network that gave you the 192.168.100.x ip address
You have a second router in your network. AirOS is what ubiquiti calls their software.

You want to always use the IP addresses rather than some name. DNS might not resolve to what you need and the ip address may have been changed.

You need to look a how you have stuff cabled. If you have 2 routers with dhcp enabled both connected then you can get conflicts Now some people have ISP-->modem/router--->router---> That than just ISP--->modem--->router. It works fine to have it that way you just have to know what IP addresses you are using. Even when you have just a modem it might have a IP address except it will not give your PC one but it still works.

Nightaker

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
Where is the ubiquiti device that is what is using 192.168.100.x ip addresses. How is that connected to your ZTE router.
alright so i checked in my router settings and there are 2 devices connected to the ''lan setup'' one is my ip [192.168.1.2] with a name[dekstop-something] and the other's name is unknown and ip 192.168.1.4 idk how to remove it or if i have to

Hard to say it can be any other device in your house.

It will work fine as long as you only get 192.168.1.x ip addresses. The 192.168.100.x ones are causing the issue. If it does not actually exist it will not be a problem. The problem is at some point in time there was a ubiquiti router on your network that gave you the 192.168.100.x ip address

Solution

Nightaker

Prominent
Aug 12, 2020
alright one more thing ... so idk how it got kinda normal [normal ip is back and the network's name is back original i think] probably because i chose dhcp again in the zte website but when i look in the website it has different ip and gateway than in my cmd ip config but i can still enter the site with the gateway ip so idk if its a problem lol

but anyway thanks for responds