Question Iris Xe possibly freezing windows

Apr 8, 2023
I got a new laptop in January this year(2023), and since then Im experiencing a strange situation where suddenly all my open applications start to not respond to click and then freeze. I can still open new applications but as soon as they start execution they also freeze. I cant shutdown by normal means. In the end the mouse cursor also stops moving and the only solution is by forcing shutdown holding the power button. I really suspect the graphic board Iris Xe is the problem here.
https://ibb.co/qNm593s

Here is all things I ve tried so far(in 3 months):
*using old version of iris xe driver from 2021, updating via device manager
*using newest version of iris xe driver, updating from Intel website
*updating all drivers using IObit driver booster
*uninstalling all browsers and using a different browser
*keeping bluetooth off
*keeping wifi off(using internet via cable only)
*changing RAM memory
*increasing RAM memory
*changing my secondary HDD to a new SSD
*not using secondary HDD
*using windows 10
*using windows 11
*not installing some softwares that I like(media player classic, k-little codec pack, etc)

This all have failed and the problem still persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

*using windows 10
*using windows 11

Where did you source the installers for the OSes from?

You might want to stop using a third party app to tell you if you've got anything pending. It's one of the worst kind of app you could use on any platform, new or old. If you need to find the latest drivers, look for them off of your laptop's support site.

As for your laptop, please mention the make and model of your laptop and it's SKU. Might want to also see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates.

Apr 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

*using windows 10
*using windows 11

Where did you source the installers for the OSes from?

You might want to stop using a third party app to tell you if you've got anything pending. It's one of the worst kind of app you could use on any platform, new or old. If you need to find the latest drivers, look for them off of your laptop's support site.

As for your laptop, please mention the make and model of your laptop and it's SKU. Might want to also see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates.

Hey, thanks for the answer. My windows 11 version came pre-installed in the laptop, and the windows 10 version that I ve tried was using a official microsoft tool for making a bootable pendrive, it downloads a windows 10 iso and creates everything needed in the pendrive to install windows, so I presume thats not a problem.

I know its not recommended to use softwares to update drivers, but I did it as a last resort.

I uploaded some images in the links but here are some more information:
Notebook Samsung Book
model NP550XDA-KH2BR

about the SKU, Im not sure where to find it.

TRENDING THREADS