IRQ conflict with scanner?

G

I reformatted my HD and put a fresh install in and everything works but my scanner. It gets to the warming lamp and freezes. I went to the HP site and got this info. Well on the last line it says {contact the PC manufacturer for assistance for changing IRQs}
Well guess what, thats me, and I dont know enough about this one, any helpers??? Or a site that might help???

Here are the important IRQ settings

11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
11 HSP56 MicroModem
11 3DFX VooDoo3
11 Creative SB Live! Value
11 VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
11 VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller

A7V with lastest 4 in1 and promise. 1.2 200 fsb and 256 crucial
Win 98SE
HP Scan Jet 3400C {Worked fine prior to reformat}
HP CD-RW and regular CD

HP help page stated:
"HP Scanjet Scanners - USB Scanner Hangs, Locks, Freezes, or Fails During Scanning
ISSUE: Universal Serial Bus (USB) scanner quits in the middle of a scan. Sometimes the message "warming the lamp" appears, and the scanner hangs in the middle of the scan.
SOLUTION: This problem often occurs when the USB port is sharing an IRQ with another device. To determine whether a USB is sharing, do the following:
From the Windows desktop, click Start, Settings, and Control Panel.
Double-click System, then click Device Manager.
From the device list, select Computer. Click Properties. A list of IRQs will appear. Universal Host Controller will appear on one of these numbers. If Universal Host Controller is sharing a number with another device, contact the PC manufacturer for assistance in assigning the USB an exclusive IRQ."

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can specify another unused IRQ for your video and sound card. You specify them by PCI slots. You may need your drivers because Windows will try to reinstall them after reboot.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
How do you reinstall pci cards & peripherals ?

i hope not everything in the same time

this generate often conflicts between devices

EasyInfo :cool:
I would like to Invest for my PC !!
ok, buy nothing.

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
here are the comon irq asignments
0 System Timer
1 Keyboard
2(9) Video Card or cascade to IRQ 9
3 Com2, Com4
4 Com1, Com3
5 Available (Normally sound card or LPT2)
6 Floppy Disk Controller
7 Parallel Port (LPT1)
8 Real-time clock
9 (2) Redirected IRQ2
10 Available
11 Available
12 PS/2 Mouse
13 Math Coprocessor
14 Hard Disk Controller (HDC)
15 Available (often used for second HDC)
you can either in the Device Manager View highlight properties of the con flicting irq change it their or in cmos you can change irq thier. do not worried about all in pci adapters cards being same irq the steering has set that up