Over the past few days, my computer was intermittently giving me a "STOP CODE: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" BSOD error and rebooting. Now, the computer won't boot into Windows at all as I get the same BSOD error each time Windows tries to boot. I've tried the following while troubleshooting:
- I plugged the SSD containing the Windows installation into another computer and it was able to boot without issue. I was then suspicious it was a RAM problem.
- I purchased and installed new RAM modules which did not resolve the problem.
- I plugged the SSD back into the other computer and created a Windows Recovery Drive. I tried booting the faulty computer from the recovery drive, but when it tries to launch, it still gives the same BSOD error.
- I cannot determine how to boot into safe mode in Windows 10 when your computer cannot boot into Windows. The usual key spamming that worked in older versions of Windows during the boot sequence don't seem to work with my current system.
- I also do not think I can obtain a minidump file without the ability to boot into Windows.