Nov 10, 2020
I am currently rebuilding a Pc for a friend and i was wondering if i can use a splitter cable for the graphics card.

So im working with an i5 750 and a gtx 460. The 300 watt power-supply in the system has one 8-pin connector for the cpu but no 6-pin connectors for the gpu. The power-supply is a be quiet! Power 7 300 bronze. The system also has a dvd drive, a SSD, a HDD, a SD card reader, 3 fans and a Wifi card. So my question is if i could just buy a splitter cable for the gpu or if that would be a bad idea. The system originally had an AMD A4 4000 APU in it, which is probably the reason it didnt need any 6-pin Connectors.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I am currently rebuilding a Pc for a friend and i was wondering if i can use a splitter cable for the graphics card.

So im working with an i5 750 and a gtx 460. The 300 watt power-supply in the system has one 8-pin connector for the cpu but no 6-pin connectors for the gpu. The power-supply is a be quiet! Power 7 300 bronze. The system also has a dvd drive, a SSD, a HDD, a SD card reader, 3 fans and a Wifi card. So my question is if i could just buy a splitter cable for the gpu or if that would be a bad idea. The system originally had an AMD A4 4000 APU in it, which is probably the reason it didnt need any 6-pin Connectors.

Thanks in advance.
The recommended wattage for a a PSU for that GPU is 450 watts.
I wouldn't even try it.

Thanks in advance.
If the power supply does not have the required connectors it was not made to do the job and adapters are a risky alternative and may not be safe. The Pure Power L7 300W only has 250 watts available on the +12volt, so not even a 300 watt model.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
The recommended wattage for a a PSU for that GPU is 450 watts.
I wouldn't even try it.

Solution