Is 60 fps better in 60hz or 75hz

raja.jordan18

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
My gpu can only reach 60fps(not because I limit the fps) on game and in the game setting on the refresh rate have 3 option (60,70,75) which one I have to use and why?

Btw I always get micro stuttering on GTA IV if u know how to solve it please tell if not u can ignore this

Solution
60FPS will be 60FPS on 60Hz or 75Hz as that's all you will see if that's the maximum you can get. If you set to 75Hz then if the game goes above 60 it will be visible.

As for the micro stuttering it depends. What's the GPU and CPU are you running? Anything modern should handle GTA IV pretty easily.
60FPS will be 60FPS on 60Hz or 75Hz as that's all you will see if that's the maximum you can get. If you set to 75Hz then if the game goes above 60 it will be visible.

As for the micro stuttering it depends. What's the GPU and CPU are you running? Anything modern should handle GTA IV pretty easily.

Solution

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
Depending on the GPU manufacturer (Nvidia/AMD), you can try a few things at 60Hz:
1. Try V-Sync both on and off to compare
2. Try Triple Buffering with V-Sync on (doesn't work when it's off)
3. If you have an Nvidia GPU, you can try an option under the V-Sync options in the control panel called 'Fast'. This will render uncapped (no framerate limit) but will drop any frames that are above 60, or out of sync the 60Hz refresh. Triple buffering may have no effect on this, but it's worth a try

Also- If you're running Nvidia, change the power management option to 'Prefer maximum performance'.

P.S.- all these options are in the Nvidia control panel under 3d settings