[SOLVED] Is 6GB vram will be enough 2020-2023?

Jul 2, 2020
Hey guys!
I wanna buy RX5600XT with 6GB Vram, and I just wanna know that it will be enough for the future?
I have 1080p display, so i'll play on this resolution.
I dont want to buy GPU 1 year later because of vram isnt enough.
Everytime I play on high-ultra settings@1080p.
What do you think guys, it will be enough for 2-3 years?

Solution
Can't know the future but there are already games that use more than 6GB of VRAM. So in 2-3 years it will probably be like the minimum you need or something. I'd get a 8GB if I were you. I'm not even sure how long even 8GB will last at high/ultra settings. The next generations of GPU's has a lot of VRAM.
Can't know the future but there are already games that use more than 6GB of VRAM. So in 2-3 years it will probably be like the minimum you need or something. I'd get a 8GB if I were you. I'm not even sure how long even 8GB will last at high/ultra settings. The next generations of GPU's has a lot of VRAM.

Reactions: dudio
Solution
Jul 2, 2020

What do you recommend?
I dont have enough budget for 5700xt, so which card do you recommend?

Jul 9, 2020
6gb is cutting it close sometimes even with that lower end gpu when you try higher resolutions or run a lot of mods in games and specially in VR if you ever wanna run that..
It's fine for now but even 8gb won't be enough by 2023.

Jun 15, 2020
6 gb of vram is enough for today's AAA titles, and maybe the next year too. But if you want to play the latest AAA titles in 2023 or 2024, you may need more than that. 2070 Super has 8 gb vram as well as rtx support. RTX is not a common thing right now, but the future games are surely going to use it. But NVidia 2000 series will not age well in my opinion. If there is no hurry, maybe you can wait for NVidia 3000 series or AMD Big Navi.

And hey, just a tip I got from a tech stream: At 1080p, High and Ultra both are almost the same. Ultra just gives more details too even smaller objects, which are not noticeable at 1080p due to its smaller screen. So basically, Ultra for screenshots; High for Gaming.