[SOLVED] Is 750Ti with i5-2500 good enough?

GeorgeCZ75

Reputable
Aug 27, 2019
I currently have a i5-2500 and a 750Ti, is this the best gpu that won’t get bottlenecked by my cpu? Is there a better gpu out there that won’t get bottlenecked by the cpu?

Solution
I have the RX580 in my current 2500K machine from 2011. I plan to move that GPU over to my next Ryzen 3600 build I am currently in the process of planning. It works good in some games and other it works like crap! Some games these days simply will not run well in a 4 core 4 thread CPU system and you will get horrible frame dips because of it resulting in a stutter fest. So I would generally advice if you play AAA titles that you should just give up and get a new machine like i am doing currently. Or if that is absolutely not an option try to find a Ivy Bridge used CPU an I7 with 4 cores 8 threads. That should give you some boost and reduce this stutter problem.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
I have the RX580 in my current 2500K machine from 2011. I plan to move that GPU over to my next Ryzen 3600 build I am currently in the process of planning. It works good in some games and other it works like crap! Some games these days simply will not run well in a 4 core 4 thread CPU system and you will get horrible frame dips because of it resulting in a stutter fest. So I would generally advice if you play AAA titles that you should just give up and get a new machine like i am doing currently. Or if that is absolutely not an option try to find a Ivy Bridge used CPU an I7 with 4 cores 8 threads. That should give you some boost and reduce this stutter problem.

Solution