Question Is 9600k worth?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I wonder if the 2600X would make for a good compromise instead of the 3600.

The 2600X comes with the beefier cooler, but, no worries about any BIOS issues or anything like that which has affected some people in the early adoption period.

With the release of the 3000 series and resulting price drops in the 2000 series CPUs, the 2600X offers a great price/performance ratio.

Reactions: extreme_noob

The 2600X comes with the beefier cooler, but, no worries about any BIOS issues or anything like that which has affected some people in the early adoption period.

With the release of the 3000 series and resulting price drops in the 2000 series CPUs, the 2600X offers a great price/performance ratio.
Might be actually.

As I said earlier, if you really want to save money and have better price to performance a 2600X is a viable option, but unless you want to overclock a lot, a beefier cooler isn't really needed.
And at this point you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get the issues that some people have talked about.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ice lake comes out in a like year or so and will probably be overpriced it's really not worth the wait no matter how much of a "game-changer" it is.
Agreed. There's going to be nothing game changing about Ice lake = yet ANOTHER Skylake Refresh.
It's Intel's same old x86 Core I architecture. They need something NEW.
This crap isn't going to cut it anymore.