[SOLVED] Is a high dpi mouse useful in gaming?

Stef Pro

Commendable
Dec 15, 2019
I've got a mouse and I'm more than fine with it. I'm just asking this question because I'm curious. I've never used more than 2000 dpi in gaming or anything else and I'm currently using 1000 dpi. So my question is, why does a company advertise high dpi (for example 16000) on a gaming mouse when 3000 is too much for anything? Is high dpi useful in something?

Solution
I've got a mouse and I'm more than fine with it. I'm just asking this question because I'm curious. I've never used more than 2000 dpi in gaming or anything else and I'm currently using 1000 dpi. So my question is, why does a company advertise high dpi (for example 16000) on a gaming mouse when 3000 is too much for anything? Is high dpi useful in something?

It's the same reason they make 240 hz monitors when there is almost no benefit over 144hz ones, they make $80 steaks when most people can't tell the difference between that and a $20 one. Marketing and advertising. Larger numbers means better to those that don't look into things too closely. There is a reason people ask about clock speeds without looking at anything...

It's the same reason they make 240 hz monitors when there is almost no benefit over 144hz ones, they make $80 steaks when most people can't tell the difference between that and a $20 one. Marketing and advertising. Larger numbers means better to those that don't look into things too closely. There is a reason people ask about clock speeds without looking at anything else, like comparing a Pentium 4 to a i7 and need to be educated, they just thing higher numbers are better.

Solution