Is Acer Aspire 5 a good budget laptop for software engineers students?

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
Im looking to buy a decent non so expensive laptop on my first year on college, not a gaming laptop i have my pc for that, just a notebook that will work through my experience this years. I was surfing the web and i ended to this Acer Aspire 5, was amazed by it and i thought to ask for some opinions on it. As far as i saw the specs it actually fits my requirements and its actually perfect. Just looking for a laptop that will work fast as i work on it with a lot of tabs opened.
ACER 5 A515:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U (8M Cache up to 4.0GHz)
RAM: 20GB DDR4
512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) resolution

Lutfij

Titan
Specs seem like you should be good to go but I'm concerned about the rest of your specs, like if your ram is soldered onto the motherboard(and if so, how much is soldered on and how much you're allowed to upgrade to?), what your storage options are for future upgrades and the rest are actually set in stone(so they can't be changed/upgraded).

Outside of that concern, you're good. Just for the sake of doublechecking, might want to parse a link to the listing you're looking at for the community to see.

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
Specs seem like you should be good to go but I'm concerned about the rest of your specs, like if your ram is soldered onto the motherboard(and if so, how much is soldered on and how much you're allowed to upgrade to?), what your storage options are for future upgrades and the rest are actually set in stone(so they can't be changed/upgraded).

Outside of that concern, you're good. Just for the sake of doublechecking, might want to parse a link to the listing you're looking at for the community to see.
Here Take a look at it; https://setec.mk/index.php?route=product/product&path=10002&product_id=51974
-Despite the fact that you feel concerned about the storage and the changeable components, im not looking forward to it. It fits my requirements. 512gb is enough for me and im not looking further on upgrading the ram or anything such like that, thats why. Take a look at it and tell me more what you think about it. Thanks for the reply.