Question Is any type of generic paint good for backplate and fan shroud paint job?

Panos21sonic

Prominent
Jan 5, 2020
I wanna paint the backplate and fan shroud of my gigabyte gtx 1660 super oc and I wonder if any matte spray will do the job, and not heat resistant spefically. THe backplate is plastic and the heat resistant sprays cost more than double what generic matte sprays cost.

Lutfij

Titan
If the GPU is outside of your warranty period, then you can go ahead and use pretty much any rattle can spray paint. If the card is yet under warranty, then please stop, since you're modifying your GPU beyond what was in the box/or from the factory, the warranty will be void.

Reactions: Dj0gany

Panos21sonic

Prominent
Jan 5, 2020
If the GPU is outside of your warranty period, then you can go ahead and use pretty much any rattle can spray paint. If the card is yet under warranty, then please stop, since you're modifying your GPU beyond what was in the box/or from the factory, the warranty will be void.
Ive had my gpu for under 1 year, but I voided the warranty already to deep clean it, and to test the waters. The only thing I didnt do was seperate the fans from the fan shroud, but that is one of the easiest parts. My gpu still works if that is anything to go by