Is Asus PC Probe II trustworthy?

vectorm12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Been running my i7 920 for a few days now with a P6T Deluxe V2. Appart from some weird behavior from the motherboard the first couple of days everything seems to be fine and dandy except for one thing.

PC Probe II keeps telling me my "MB" (which I would guess refers to the X58 itself) temp keeps hitting somewhere around high 40:ies Celcius under load, which feels rather weird since the CPU temps hardly go above 50.

So I decided to have a look at what results I get from Real Temp and at all times it keeps telling me the temps are atleast five degrees lower.

Unfortunately I haven't got any equipment to reliably measure the temps of the "MB" or X58 in Real Temp so my question is:

I can I trust the temps PC probe is giving me for the X58 or should I disregard it and look to another software?

vectorm12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Super HW Monitor got me the results I was looking for, however do any of you know which temp is which in HW monitor?

On my P6T Deluxe V2 there are two values, SYSTIN which is higher(35C) and CPUTIN which is lower (24C)

CPUTIN isn't referring to the CPU cores at least as it is cooler than the individual cores.