[SOLVED] Is Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go (2x16Go) DDR4 3000MHz compatible with MSI AMD B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

May 26, 2020
I am asking this question because recently for the first time I build my own computer and it didn't work. I am explaining myself : first the monitor was blank and second the DRAM led was on. To find out what causes the problem, I thought about trying all the combinations of placing the ram bars in the sockets but it didn't work. Should I replace the ram bars ?

Solution
I am asking this question because recently for the first time I build my own computer and it didn't work. I am explaining myself : first the monitor was blank and second the DRAM led was on. To find out what causes the problem, I thought about trying all the combinations of placing the ram bars in the sockets but it didn't work. Should I replace the ram bars ?
You need to go to the MSI support site HERE and enter your CPU type by selecting the correct button then check the Qualified Vendor List (QVL).

RealBeast

Titan
You need to go to the MSI support site HERE and enter your CPU type by selecting the correct button then check the Qualified Vendor List (QVL).

Solution
May 26, 2020
did u check the ram compatibility on the website? what's the code of your ram?
what cpu do u have installed?
I have installed Ryzen 5 3600 X. Here is the code of my ram : CMK32GX4M2B3000C15. I searched for it in the support but I didn't find it (there was CMK32GX4M2B3000C15R, but I don't think it is the same, right ?). So I have to change my ram I guess.

Umb

Aug 26, 2019
I have installed Ryzen 5 3600 X. Here is the code of my ram : CMK32GX4M2B3000C15. I searched for it in the support but I didn't find it (there was CMK32GX4M2B3000C15R, but I don't think it is the same, right ?). So I have to change my ram I guess.

I'm not sure, i'm not an expert but as person that just had problem building the new pc and returned everything. the memory compatibily can be an issue but you cannot know for sure because usually the motherboard productors don't test all the ram available at all.
The first you should do is a memory test for each bar of ram and see if it passes. In fact, i discovered that the second set i ordered, on of the ram wasn't even passing the first pass on memtest for 10000+ error.
Check the integrity with memtest