Is Cyber Power PC a good Pre-Built Gaming PC Brand?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

Hey there!

I was just wondering if you guys would recommend Cyber Power PC, thanks in advance.

link to their site:http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/]

Note: please do not tell me to build a pc on my own I have already explored that option,

Solution
Op you know what, you are getting good advice here. You seem to have made up your mind, so it's your money. Do what you want, but we told you so. I've worked on similar systems and came away not impressed at all.

I worked on one where the power supply needed replaced, as well as the video card. Replaced those. Then the water cooler was leaking, which leaked and fried the motherboard. I took care of that, but the water that leaked seemed to damaged the new video card (Radeon 7970 from microcenter), as it had issues also. Note I'd gotten a combo deal from microcenter for the new board and a new cpu, so back I went, changed it to a hyper 212 evo for air cooling, replaced the board yet again, replaced cpu for good measure...
G

Thanks for the micro center suggestion, I live in South Burlington, Vermont. It's on the boarder of Canada and near New York. I'm not sure where their stores are located. If you know could you tell me how far away one is for me? I'm sure I'd have to go to New York to get even near a microcenter but you never know I guess.

G

...I'm not? I'm just asking if theres a microcenter near burlington vt, ill try to research it on my own I guess.

G

Sorry I misread your message, ill look into your parts list thanks for the help.

G

The more I'm looking into the microcenter suggestion the more I like it, I think im going to drive down to Boston and do exaclty what you said with the $130 assembly. Honestly great idea you really helped me out. Thanks!

Glad to help. I mean sure these other companies make some good systems, but that one thread for example, letting the client pay an extra hundred bucks to ship back to them for a warranty claim seems like sad customer service. I mean I can see if he'd had the system 6 months and they charge a 40 or 50 dollar diagnostic fee, but expecting him to eat 100 bucks extra on shipping? Ouch!

G

I totally agree, thanks again!

One other thing I'd forgotten as well. Go to microcenter.com and you can pick out what you want before going. So if you go by the lists here knowing they are similar to what you want, maybe put those items in the cart on their site, and you can create an account and actually have them hold them for you. So for example, if they have an open box video card for 50 less(which they sometimes do), then you can have them pull that for you without paying for it. But you may consider working up a list based off the recommendations here, and then when you get there, show the Build Your Own guy what you are looking at and he can help you tweak it. Those guys work off commission too, so you buy a good bit of stuff from them, they'll love you.

But for example, I switched to your store real fast, and they show having a normal gtx 980 for 467.

G

Is their inventory usually in stock or is it kinda first come first serve?

I'm out in the Midwest but I think with mine they are first come first serve, however if you put something on hold they hold it 2-3 days until you get there. I think the one here gets new shipmentsite every Tuesday or Wednesday, so they usually have good stock unless it's like right after a holiday.

I would say if they have an open box item you want, go ahead and put that on a hold as those may go fast since they are usually discount prices.