Is Google Trying to Kill the CAPS LOCK KEY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

*INSANE
;)
search key would be great on a laptop like this. i would prefer the search key over the caps key. would be more useful to me!

G

wait... will the google chrome laptop trackpad be similar to the buttonless macbook trackpad? because i can't see any buttons.

G

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo.... I LOVE CAPS KEY.... BAD GOOGLE, BAD GOOGLE

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Wait people wont have excuse for 15 failed password attempts locking out their account due to caps lock? IMHO - Caps Lock has been a poor taste joke all of these years!

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bear95[/nom]wait... will the google chrome laptop trackpad be similar to the buttonless macbook trackpad? because i can't see any buttons.[/citation]
Let's hope that all laptop manufacturers start making trackpads like that.
Having more than 1 physical mouse button is pointless on a laptop.

phosun3000

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
GOD **** HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO COMMUNICATE ON THE INTERNET NOW????

mod edit:
[please be cognizant of your language.]

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
So now, when I miss the Shift key, I have my task interrupted by a search window?

It'll be just like the Windows key- useful when you press it purposefully, and annoying when you don't.

G

This is a new form of censorship...Leave the keyboard alone !!!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]bear95[/nom]*INSANEsearch key would be great on a laptop like this. i would prefer the search key over the caps key. would be more useful to me![/citation]
NO HE MEANT INANE
INANE: asinine: devoid of intelligence

LoneEagle

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT!

The "CAP LOCK KEY" is still there but they changed the default to do a "Search" instead. YES, YOU CAN CHANGE IT BACK IF YOU WANT! SO NOT REALLY GONE!

For those who feel that they must have that caps lock key back, Google notes that those with the Cr-48 notebook can click on the wrench icon, go into System section inside settings and change the Modifier Key from Search back to Caps Lock.

defufna

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
BY REMOVING CAPS KEY THEY STRIP US OF ABILITY TO EMPHASIZE OUR OPINION OVER INTERNET. BY DOING THAT THEY CHANGE THE WAY WE THINK. THIS TREND WILL CONTINUE. THEY WILL KEEP SUBTLY ALTERING THE WAY WE THINK UNTIL WE ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AD CONSUMING PRODUCT.

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Caps Lock is important to me while working; drafting engineering drawings. I don't mind the new function but would appreciate if the Caps Lock would be available in another convenient way. Say Ctrl - Caps Lock.

While this is OK for the soccer moms posting their pics on facebook, I support at least 3 applications that use all caps in entry fields, plus more that is a standard to use all caps in the business (hospital).

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
For everyone complaining, relax. This will only apply to notebooks using Google's Chrome OS - which the VAST majority of notebooks will not. Just like you do not see off the shelf notebooks with linux very much

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]defufna[/nom]BY REMOVING CAPS KEY THEY STRIP US OF ABILITY TO EMPHASIZE OUR OPINION OVER INTERNET. BY DOING THAT THEY CHANGE THE WAY WE THINK. THIS TREND WILL CONTINUE. THEY WILL KEEP SUBTLY ALTERING THE WAY WE THINK UNTIL WE ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AD CONSUMING PRODUCT.[/citation]
Please don't yell, you are giving me a headache :(

Status
Not open for further replies.