[SOLVED] Is i7 3770 compatible with Gigabtye B550M motherboard?

Solution
No, it's not. Only 3rd and 4th Gen AMD Ryzen processors are compatible with B550.

For your i7-3770, you would want to look for Z77 or H77 chipset motherboards. And those, are all going to be either very old, or very expensive if you can find somebody with one that is unused new old stock. Those boards haven't been manufactured in seven or eight years. Motherboards don't generally support CPUs that are from different generations, with a very few exceptions. If you do not already have that very old 3rd Gen Intel i7-3770, then stop, because it's not something you want to buy into right now since that is an 8 year old CPU.
No, it's not. Only 3rd and 4th Gen AMD Ryzen processors are compatible with B550.

For your i7-3770, you would want to look for Z77 or H77 chipset motherboards. And those, are all going to be either very old, or very expensive if you can find somebody with one that is unused new old stock. Those boards haven't been manufactured in seven or eight years. Motherboards don't generally support CPUs that are from different generations, with a very few exceptions. If you do not already have that very old 3rd Gen Intel i7-3770, then stop, because it's not something you want to buy into right now since that is an 8 year old CPU.

Last edited:
Solution