Question Is Intelligent Fan Control III disabled on Sapphire Cards by default?

aranorde

Honorable
Oct 18, 2017
Card : Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB (Dual Fans)

Is is possible to enable/disable the IFC III and let 1 fan/all the fans spin all the time instead of no fans spinning in low utilization mode?

Thanks.

That's a fan stop feature on Sapphire GPUs, featuring the 0dB technology. Meaning the fans won't spin unless a certain TEMP threshold value is reached. But I don't think you can control just ONE FAN though. I think they are designed to work together in tandem.

But use the MSI Afterburner tool, and manually increase the fan speed to your liking. That would make both the fans spin, not ONE, and both the fans will work to cool the GPU, even under low utilization mode. You can also make a custom Fan PROFILE.

Are you worried about the IDLE temp value of your GPU ? What's the idle mode temp reading ?

aranorde

Honorable
Oct 18, 2017
That's a fan stop feature on Sapphire GPUs, featuring the 0dB technology. Meaning the fans won't spin unless a certain TEMP threshold value is reached. But I don't think you can control just ONE FAN though. I think they are designed to work together in tandem.

But use the MSI Afterburner tool, and manually increase the fan speed to your liking. That would make both the fans spin, not ONE, and both the fans will work to cool the GPU, even under low utilization mode. You can also make a custom Fan PROFILE.

Are you worried about the IDLE temp value of your GPU ? What's the idle mode temp reading ?

Yea I'm worried about my IDLE which is nearing 47-50c even when I'm not doing anything. Just browsing the internet and stuff, my older GTX 1050 will stay around 35-37c (even though my room is pretty hot). This is a significant jump. I thought it was disabled by default and my fans would always spin, but that was not the case. I was told that i can do it with AMD's default software, is it possible to do it?

Btw why didn't they include a feature to turn it on and off? Seems like a bad decision and does not always fit every user.

WTH AMD? 570 was like the most recommended card for my budget and it runs like this, i can't even imagine running a game on this!

Open the Windows OS TASK MANAGER and check what all processes are running in the background ? Also, scan your PC for any Malware/Virus as well. Sometimes a BITCOIN mining Virus can cause high GPU temp and usage.

What's the current GPU load/usage when the temp reaches 50 C ? How is the airflow inside your ATX cabinet ?

aranorde

Honorable
Oct 18, 2017
Open the Windows OS TASK MANAGER and check what all processes are running in the background ? Also, scan your PC for any Malware/Virus as well. Sometimes a BITCOIN mining Virus can cause high GPU temp and usage.

What's the current GPU load/usage when the temp reaches 50 C ? How is the airflow inside your ATX cabinet ?
I'm pretty sure there are no viruses, well it is actually around 47c on average. And my CPU/GPU load is below 3% or even 0 at times. I just need a way to enable to both fans under load and I want it to be default. If i change fan-curves will it function without MSI AfterBurner open? Will this change be reverted if I update MSI AB?

TRENDING THREADS