[SOLVED] Is is normal to see your pc to restart if it gets hit on the casing ?

Sep 6, 2021
It happened recently that, i hit my table rather hard by accident and saw my pc to restart, which actually didn't happend to me cause i don't hit my pc anytime, so i did was tapping the casing from all direction from baby tapping to bit hard, and seems like if i hit bit hard it restarts, or if i hit the table really hard it does shake and the pc restarts, if any application runni g in background once it came blue screen and it told, unexpected error and will restart,
And the error code was: unexpected Karnal mode trap,
The restart ONLY HAPPENS if the CPU is hit or else it works fine.
I am using the pc for 3 years and few days ago my XFX rx570 seems to be damaged somehow suddenly so its on repair, i don't know what happened

Pc specification
Gigabyte B450M s2h
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb ram (8*2gb) (gail + xpg)
256 ssd
2tb hdd (1+1)
Corsair vs450 psu
Gpu was rx570 but as its in repair i am using gt710 temporarily for display.
Duel monitor setup

Solution
2tb hdd (1+1)
Hard Disk Drives...are sensitive to shock. Especially if not the type that go in laptops, 2.5" form factor generally. I believe some drives have shock sensors in them that will immediately park the heads when it detects a physical shock to protect both them and the disks. That could cause the system to error and restart. I'd check for a WHEA hardware error and whatever codes were thrown in the Event Log.
Seems to me there might be a bad power or data connection, which possibly may also explain the RX570 card issue, (if you didn't check it thoroughly, testing it on another PC).

POWER:
• Check the motherboard 24pin connector (make sure it bottoms down on the motherboard)
• Also check the CPU connector, hard drive/SSD and CD/DVD drive power connectors

DATA:
• Check all SATA data wire connectors
• And also the PSU AC connection
• Check the PCIe cards are fully down on the slots
• Check all I/O rear connections.

Reactions: Rakibul Aurnob WB
2tb hdd (1+1)
Hard Disk Drives...are sensitive to shock. Especially if not the type that go in laptops, 2.5" form factor generally. I believe some drives have shock sensors in them that will immediately park the heads when it detects a physical shock to protect both them and the disks. That could cause the system to error and restart. I'd check for a WHEA hardware error and whatever codes were thrown in the Event Log.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakibul Aurnob WB
Solution