Is it bad if i unplug my pc without turning of the power suply switch

Mar 18, 2018
Hey so its really a hassle to always get under my desk (its harder then it sounds) an switch off the power supply switch so can i unplug it without turning of the psu switch

Solution
not sure if you mean a desktop or a laptop but the following applies either way
if you do a full shutdown of your system you can unplug the power cord from the wall, should not affect a quality power supply (desktop) plugging it back into the wall afterwards, if you mean you do this a lot, I would suggest turning the power supply switch off, because repeated plug unplugging can possible cause a "jolt" of incoming power and a low tier psu could get zapped and you would have to replace it.
Most likely you will be OK....but here's a possible issue.

When your power switch is plugged in and you flip the power switch the power comes on and stays on.

When you plug the plug into the wall with the power switch on....the prongs of the plug contact the outlet conductors and the power comes on....but!!!...if you don't oush the plug in like you mean it.....you can get transients by HOW YOU ARE PLUGGING IT IN.

....and these quick transients may not be good for the PSU.

not sure if you mean a desktop or a laptop but the following applies either way
if you do a full shutdown of your system you can unplug the power cord from the wall, should not affect a quality power supply (desktop) plugging it back into the wall afterwards, if you mean you do this a lot, I would suggest turning the power supply switch off, because repeated plug unplugging can possible cause a "jolt" of incoming power and a low tier psu could get zapped and you would have to replace it.

Solution

logainofhades

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from v.lars : "Is it bad if i unplug my pc without turning of the power suply switch"

logainofhades

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from v.lars : "Is it bad if i unplug my pc without turning of the power suply switch"