[SOLVED] Is it bricked? x470 black screen after reset

fri77

Reputable
Jan 20, 2019
Hi,

I have an Aurous x470 and i was working fine on W10 with the version F4. I saw there was an update to f6 and as some videos I saw that they said that it was important to keep the bios updated i did.

Altough I didn't think that the windows process using the asus utility was so dangerous so I used. Mistake, I know. The process went well, saved the old one and it looks like it download the proper one from the server and it installed. Then it prompted a message saying it needed a reboot. I did and now all i can see it's a back screen. I haven't even turned off yet as I have read so many bad things that I don't know what should be my next step.

No weird noises, no red leds on, and the fans are working. I downloaded the F4 bios to an usb but i haven't tried yet.

Is there anything I should do? I left it on without touching it for around 15 min. I don't think it should stay longer as it's not gonna change.

any advice?

thank you

Solution
Just start by activating XMP/DOCP first at lower and than higher step. Turn computer right of after saving settings, On next step it will invoke "Memory training" and hopefully boot at those values.

fri77

Reputable
Jan 20, 2019
it is an aorus x470 ultra gaming

actually i turned off pressing the power button for few seconds. I turned on and i had the aurus logo, then it reboot and now it works properly with the f6 installed

The GPU tells me that it got the default configuration after a system failure but everything looks good otherwise

i have two ram slots kingston 8gb each at 3200 but the motherboard has them running at 2400. I Haven't activatedthe XRP profile and it the aorus app center i can activate the profile 1 or 2 and the frecuency. Any advice on how to put them up to 3200 ?

I bought this one
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01GCWQ8VO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thank you!!