[SOLVED] Is it DNS , windows 10 build number or something else (Read please)

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
In our country Youtube is Censored .
but recently i found out i can access youtube more or less
if
i have a windows 10 20H2 , dns's set to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 , and on google chrome
or a dev channel insider build 2004 , same dns 's and on microsoft edge
and it actually works better with edge.

what is the reason for this
is there a way i can make money out of this ?

Solution
If changing the DNS lets you bypass a block then they are not trying very hard. Sounds like they only want to block the people too lazy to even try to get past the block. They could take the next step and force all dns traffic to their servers no matter what DNS you specified. That though only make it more of a challenge. Pretty much even a minor hacker know all about the HOST file, it is your own private dns override file.

The more standard solution is to use a VPN and everyone knows that solution so it is not like you are going to make money off a very common thing.
If changing the DNS lets you bypass a block then they are not trying very hard. Sounds like they only want to block the people too lazy to even try to get past the block. They could take the next step and force all dns traffic to their servers no matter what DNS you specified. That though only make it more of a challenge. Pretty much even a minor hacker know all about the HOST file, it is your own private dns override file.

The more standard solution is to use a VPN and everyone knows that solution so it is not like you are going to make money off a very common thing.

Solution

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019

thank you for your kind reply

i do have a VPN , but in our country the traffic (upload , download) is capped. you have to pay to buy more traffic. and my VPN is hugely traffic guzzling . (another problem is connecting and disconnecting the vpn on the same pc for different tasks ,which is annoying and tedious)
moreso they can disconnect you from internet for usually several hours if you use VPNs in our country, but no such policy for DNS's

i know making money off of it sounds stupid , but can you make money from your fiber internet somehow ? like making connections and selling it to people ?

TRENDING THREADS