[SOLVED] Is it fine to use a cooler master elite v4 600w? How bad could it get?

Jun 16, 2021
So i'm a bit new to pc building and I saw a good deal for a 600w psu, then the next day after a quick google search of what I had just put in my new pc, turns out that I had picked something pretty bad. Unfortunately I've already bought the damn thing and it's sitting in my pc case, so now I'm just wondering how bad could it get? My system is running a ryzen 5 3600 and a 1650 btw, so power draw is relatively low. 600w is probably a bit much but I saw big numbers and thought 'hey, this seems nice'.
Full pc specs:
ASRock B450M Steel Legend
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Ventus XS 4G OC
2x kingston hyperx fury ddr4 8gb 2666mhz
Kingston A2000 SSD Internal 500GB M.2 NVMe 2280
and of course, Cooler Master ELITE 600 V4

Solution
Here is a PSU tier list that was updated in March.....so not that old....and it can give you an idea of what to look for.

Here is a good article that's a little older.....but still valid.

Well...the thing with PSUs that makes them a bit different than other components is...

They are pretty much the one thing in your system that can potentially fry everything else if they go bad.

Which is why...and extra $50 (let's say) spent on a good PSU versus a crap PSU is WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

Jun 16, 2021
i'm probably going to have it changed soon, hopefully. What are other budget options for PSUs? I'm thinking 400w should be enough, but I'm not sure about that cuz that would be cutting it real close.

Here is a PSU tier list that was updated in March.....so not that old....and it can give you an idea of what to look for.

Solution
Jun 16, 2021

thanks, I'll have to see which ones are available in my region but that shouldn't be too hard.