Is it IPS glow or not?

LeBron236

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Hello again,

I have a new monitor Dell S2715H and I have a question. Is this ips glow?
10 minutes ago I noticed that right down corner of my screen is a little brighter than rest of the screen. It is not normally noticeable, but when there is something darker, it is here and I don´t like it at all. I thought that it is ips glow, but when I push the screen in that corner a little, it goes darker and it was a lot better, which is weird I think. So now I´m afraid, that it is not IPS glow, because IPS glow is something "normal" to have, but if it´s problem only with my monitor, I will have to RMA it, and it is not easy for me :(. Actually now I hope it is IPS glow. :/

http://postimg.org/image/bhbi4hn9b/

LeBron236

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Oh my ... . I have one more question. If it is blacklight bleed, they must exchange it or return my money back? Because if yes, I will let it like this and try to get used to it and maybe sometimes in the future I will RMA it. If no, I will return it now, because in my country we have 14 days to return goods without reason.

Lund719

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
I just bought the exact same monitor (Dell S2715H). My unit's light glow looks exactly like your picture. Did you send yours back? Did you get a replacement, and if so, was the glow / light bleed better?

LeBron236

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Sorry for late response. Yes, I sent it back and the new one is almost the same. Looks like it´s some feature of these monitors :D. I´m not happy, but I like everything else about this monitor, so I can live with it, until my next monitor, hopefully some 4K by Dell.
Actually I can´t see that bleed until there is full black screen. And if I sit straight to the monitor, It´s almost invisible even with black screen, so, I think it is acceptable.

Woof01

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
That's normal for all monitors that use LG's stupid e-IPS panels. These have taken over the market like a plague and plenty of fools are suckered into buying these panels on the mistaken assumption that today's IPS panels are anything like yesteryear's IPS monitors. The current wave of IPS monitors are riding on the good name of old IPS monitors that featured proper diffusers to avoid excessive panel glow.

The panel glow of e-IPS monitors today are so bad that they openly exhibit uneven corner clouding, color shifts on the left and right side of the screen and the silvery screen shimmer when viewed off axis that's nearly as bad as TN panels. Absolute rubbish and hype! Modern TN and VA panels outperform e-IPS panels any day without the idiot premium tacked on the price.