[SOLVED] Is it normal for the computer's case to be very hot after switching from stock intel cooler?

driftrunner007

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I recently swiched to a Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo and my case is extremely hot. I assumed it was down to heat dissipation being better with this cooler but I am not entirely sure. Does that sound right?

P.S. : I am sure that I installed the cooler correctly, the cpu has adequate thermal paste and I know that the fan is pointing the right way.

Solution
I recently swiched to a Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo and my case is extremely hot. I assumed it was down to heat dissipation being better with this cooler but I am not entirely sure. Does that sound right?

P.S. : I am sure that I installed the cooler correctly, the cpu has adequate thermal paste and I know that the fan is pointing the right way.
You're first sentence contradicts the rest of you're post . I'd suggest removing it and trying again . The case shouldn't be hot to the touch . Also download CPU Core temp . So you can monitor your cpu temps . A quick google search will provide the site to download from .

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019

You're first sentence contradicts the rest of you're post . I'd suggest removing it and trying again . The case shouldn't be hot to the touch . Also download CPU Core temp . So you can monitor your cpu temps . A quick google search will provide the site to download from .

Solution

Fluffly Fluff

Reputable
Jul 31, 2019
You say your case is hot? How are you measuring that? Is it a lot different from before you installed the new cooler? Was your old cooler a lot different? When installing this new cooler did you accidentally disconnect any or all other fans in your case? Are all of your case fans running? Was your previous cooler blowing the exhaust a different way? You can get a good look at temperatures, etc. with HWMonitor from CPUID.com

Reactions: Mcleese902