[SOLVED] is it ok or not to sand cpu case before spray painting?

Jun 18, 2020
can i just spray paint my brandnew case without sanding it? or should i sand it first?
im going to use bosny automotive finish
ill use white as a primer then, rose pink as the main color then clear for finish

Solution
can i just spray paint my brandnew case without sanding it? or should i sand it first?
ill use white as a primer then, rose pink as the main color then clear for finish
Painter here. 70% of a good paint job is the prep. First should remove wax, grease and oil with a solvent or alcohol. Then sand with 220 grit wet/dry to provide a smooth surface that provides good grip for your primer. Remember multiple light coats with proper drying time is much preferred than a couple of heavy coats. This applies to the prime coat. color coat and the clear coat. With heavy coat you may be sanding out runs and starting all over. Good luck, have fun and take your time.
Jul 6, 2020
Painter here. 70% of a good paint job is the prep. First should remove wax, grease and oil with a solvent or alcohol. Then sand with 220 grit wet/dry to provide a smooth surface that provides good grip for your primer. Remember multiple light coats with proper drying time is much preferred than a couple of heavy coats. This applies to the prime coat. color coat and the clear coat. With heavy coat you may be sanding out runs and starting all over. Good luck, have fun and take your time.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the 'finish' you are after. I've always used 220 with light pressure to rough sand before primer. Then a 400 on the primer coat because inevitably dust will settle on the wet paint. Then color, 2 light coats. 600 to take out the orange-peel, 1000 to clean up and may or may not use clay to finish. 2x coats of clear, then buff.

But that's me.