Is it OK to button mash mechanical keyboards?

jared_dx_58

Commendable
Dec 12, 2017
Hi! I'm planning to buy a mechanical keyboard, either one with red cherry mx or brown cherry mx keys. Thing is, i end up button mashing a lot playing my games, especially some fighting games i have on my PC. By button mashing, i mean repetitive, quick, and hard presses on the same set of keys over and over again for a long period of time. That's just how most of my games work. So, is it safe to do this on mechanical keyboards with said keys? Also, would you recommend me brown or red cherry mx for gaming? thanks

Solution
As safe as on any keyboard. Usually red are better for gaming, but brown are OK also, depends on how you like the feel. You can actually order a cheap sample key layout to play with, or go to a store and try out a few keyboards. BestBuy has a few mechanical keyboards setup usually, although it is often only a couple of models.
As safe as on any keyboard. Usually red are better for gaming, but brown are OK also, depends on how you like the feel. You can actually order a cheap sample key layout to play with, or go to a store and try out a few keyboards. BestBuy has a few mechanical keyboards setup usually, although it is often only a couple of models.

Solution