Question Is it possible to build a Gaming Laptop?

Feb 23, 2021
I've been curious for a long time if it's possible to create your own custom gaming laptop.
To do so, we'll need the parts specified below (apologies If I miss anything):

*Mobile processor
*Mobile GPU
*Storage (SSD, NVME)
*ram
*Laptop case
*Laptop monitor

We all know that a desktop with identical parts to a laptop performs faster and smoother since they come in full-size parts. But some people still prefer mobile for reasons of flexibility, sufficiency, and portability; however, is it possible to build your own laptop? If that's the case, where do we get the components and is there a step-by-step guide to building one?

Well you're gonna buy parts for a specific laptop casing since they all are custom made for the parts inside. In the end you will have a specific laptop.

You can't just buy a laptop board and fit that in any laptop case etc.

Specific board with the CPU with a specific heatsink made for it in that only laptop case.

Screw holes and parts inside each laptop has their place in that specific model. You won't be able to build a custom laptop.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I've been curious for a long time if it's possible to create your own custom gaming laptop.
To do so, we'll need the parts specified below (apologies If I miss anything):

*Mobile processor
*Mobile GPU
*Storage (SSD, NVME)
*ram
*Laptop case
*Laptop monitor

We all know that a desktop with identical parts to a laptop performs faster and smoother since they come in full-size parts. But some people still prefer mobile for reasons of flexibility, sufficiency, and portability; however, is it possible to build your own laptop? If that's the case, where do we get the components and is there a step-by-step guide to building one?
Not really.

The shell, screen, motherboard, and cooling are all designed around each other.
There is no standard sizing and location like there is with ATX standard and desktops.

Drives and RAM are interchangeable...that's about it.

Reactions: Nemesia

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
G'dday.

At the present, it's not really possible to build your own laptop from assorted components. Some retailers allow you a fair bit of flexibility in 'customising' the laptop you want. I shall link this place (because we all know only Aussies know best :sneaky:) .. customized laptops

You can select various video cards etc.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth}

TRENDING THREADS