georgeadecker

Prominent
May 14, 2018
I am a lefty using a left handed mouse. I want to be able to play games without having to remap keys before hand. I know you can press windows key +space to switch language keyboard layouts, and I was wondering if it is possible to make a "language" that is just the keyboard but mirrored. This would allow me to easily switch between typing and gaming, and make it so I wouldn't have to rebind every single game's key binds, as well as allowing me to play games with non-remappable keys.

Solution
In Autohotkey (ahk for short) you typically make the script so that a set of hotkeys/remapping only apply when a specific condition is true, in your case probably the name of the window or executable file of the currently active window.

You can easily switch (many ways of achieving this). E.g. one hotkey outside the group within filter that just turn on/off some boolean variable and the rest of the hotkeys within #if (your boolean variable goes here).
In Autohotkey (ahk for short) you typically make the script so that a set of hotkeys/remapping only apply when a specific condition is true, in your case probably the name of the window or executable file of the currently active window.

You can easily switch (many ways of achieving this). E.g. one hotkey outside the group within filter that just turn on/off some boolean variable and the rest of the hotkeys within #if (your boolean variable goes here).

Solution