Question Is it possible to disable the shutdown screen on Windows 10?

JackMacWindows

Prominent
Feb 25, 2019
My PC was running extremely slow, and I hit reboot, then Ctrl-Alt-Del, then closed it and that caused the PC to not show the "Restarting" overlay, and instead showed all of the windows disappearing one by one. That made me nostalgic from the days of older Windows without that screen, and I'd like to be able to disable the screen permanently. Is it possible to get rid of the shutdown/restart overlay on Windows 10?

I run Windows 10 and I have been running Windows 10 for over 4 years. I am also responsible for maintaining approx. 30 PCs that run Windows 10. None of these PCs have ever shown any shutdown/restart overlay. You might be able to make adjustments in msconfig.

OK, although I did not originally know what screen you were talking about I just restarted all of the computers in my house, which is only 3. On two of my computers I did not see any shutdown screen, but on one I very briefly, very, very briefly, saw a blue screen that said restarting. If you blink your eyes you would actually miss that screen. Is that the screen you are talking about?

JackMacWindows

Prominent
Feb 25, 2019
Yes, it is. I have a bunch of stuff installed which causes shutdowns to take a while to happen, and I'd like to see what is going on behind there (seeing the windows/desktop being taken down).

TRENDING THREADS