Is it possible to get a ps4 to use an external hard drive alongside internal storage

t3bcrew

Reputable
Dec 25, 2015
I am looking for a way to expand the ps4's storage capability without replacing the internal hard drive.

Solution
i wish sumone would a swer this i been all over the internet and can not find a dpecific andwer
- you can not install games to an EXTERNAL ON PS4 but can you use an external as a placeholder a storage for games
(( im thinking yes becouse there is a backup feature but is it packes all one file or can you pick an choose what to copy from one drive to anather
--- i want to store my games externally an copy them to internal removing nonstop download annoyances
--- i understand external drive an sata cable an a hard drive inclosure NOT NYCO DATA BANK GARBAGE to make external internal but
i want both
-- yes i plan on a 4 terrabyte internal made out of an external
but
i also want an external to STORE GAMES AN GAME SAVES
i do not expect to...

Yukfoo

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
i wish sumone would a swer this i been all over the internet and can not find a dpecific andwer
- you can not install games to an EXTERNAL ON PS4 but can you use an external as a placeholder a storage for games
(( im thinking yes becouse there is a backup feature but is it packes all one file or can you pick an choose what to copy from one drive to anather
--- i want to store my games externally an copy them to internal removing nonstop download annoyances
--- i understand external drive an sata cable an a hard drive inclosure NOT NYCO DATA BANK GARBAGE to make external internal but
i want both
-- yes i plan on a 4 terrabyte internal made out of an external
but
i also want an external to STORE GAMES AN GAME SAVES
i do not expect to access games an game saves on external but i am willing to copy pasta or move the data to the internal for access
--- also im understanding the EXFAT if this is achievable would be what the hard drives internal and external would need to be formatted to
--- i have had my ps4 three months and already bought 5 times the amou t digitally that my ps4 can hold
-- i buy figittally becouse i own 2 ps4s an gameshare with my son
--- PLEASE SUMONE GIVE US A REAL EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE SOLUTION i believe i already know the external to internal hard drive solution but a EXTERNAL ONLY to use as a external for game storage not installs would be a huuuuge help
-- also rest mode is lost on internal after 2 terrabytes
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
to op not tryi g to jack yur thread im just looking for the same andwers

Solution

Yukfoo

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
i want to teplace the internal i get that but
--- is it possible to also use an external like as a placeholder to access games an game saves
i know i can not install to external but can i copy paste or move from external to internal full games dlc an game saves illiminating no stop downloads i own ALOT of digital games way more than 4 terrabytes can i also STORE FULL GAMES on an external an copy them to internal when i want to use them