[SOLVED] is it possible to get smooth game play even when my frame time changes?

Jul 16, 2021
in almost all my games when my fps/frametime is changing my games looks so bad. and i want to know if there is a way to make it look better when the frametime/fps changes. thanks for your time.

Solution
A lack of "smoothness" implies there are hiccups somewhere, which is caused by the game stressing one component for a short period of time. However, it's hard to tell what's causing these hiccups with the information given.

For example, here's the possibilities of what your problem could be
  • If there's a lot of things going on when there are hiccups, the CPU is probably being too taxed and increases the frame time.
  • If you're playing an open world game or a game that streams assets in, the storage drive isn't fast enough to supply the game with the data it needs in a timely manner.
  • If RAM usage is rather high, the OS may start swapping things in and out to the page file.
  • If the PSU or motherboard/video card VRM isn't up...
That's the reason amd made freesync and nvidia made g-sync.
They do need special monitors though because they make the monitor adapt to the frametimes the PC puts out.
An intermediate step to try is to enable fast sync in nvidia, I don't know if AMD has an equivalent to that, it doesn't wait for the monitor to sync up but still only sends a frame if the monitor is ready to receive it.

A lack of "smoothness" implies there are hiccups somewhere, which is caused by the game stressing one component for a short period of time. However, it's hard to tell what's causing these hiccups with the information given.

For example, here's the possibilities of what your problem could be
  • If there's a lot of things going on when there are hiccups, the CPU is probably being too taxed and increases the frame time.
  • If you're playing an open world game or a game that streams assets in, the storage drive isn't fast enough to supply the game with the data it needs in a timely manner.
  • If RAM usage is rather high, the OS may start swapping things in and out to the page file.
  • If the PSU or motherboard/video card VRM isn't up to snuff, then sudden component loads may strain those to the point they can't supply enough power

Solution

TRENDING THREADS