Is it possible to have a diode temp of 180° C and the syst..

I think this must be an error, or else my system wouldn't still work. The
latest version of MBD shows this outlandish temp of 180° C on the diode, but
it can't be right, right?

Thanks

It was 180° C. I made a mistake though, it was MBM, not MBD.

Wayne

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoomung.co.nz> wrote in message
> Wayne Wastier wrote:
>> I think this must be an error, or else my system wouldn't still work.
>> The latest version of MBD shows this outlandish temp of 180° C on the
>> diode, but it can't be right, right?
>
> Are you sure that's °C and not °F? There's no way an AMD CPU (or any CPU
> for
> that matter) will run for more than a few seconds (if that) at 180°C.
> --
> ~misfit~

Alarm for CPU Diode:it has reached 184°C
and this is on/past the value of 70°C which
you set as high alarm value.

Ignore Turn off

Why does MBM 5.3.6.0 give this erroneous reading? I entered my mobo
correctly. Asus A7N8X 1.4 build (Nforce 2 chipset)

Wayne

> I think this must be an error, or else my system wouldn't still work. The
> latest version of MBD shows this outlandish temp of 180° C on the diode,
but
> it can't be right, right?

I think you may have the settings wrong. 180celcius is well past the boiling
point of water, dunno about computer chips but AFAIK the limit is around 90.

"Wayne Wastier" <nobodyis@home.hww1955.msn.com> astounded us with:

> I think this must be an error, or else my system wouldn't still work.
> The latest version of MBD shows this outlandish temp of 180° C on the
> diode, but it can't be right, right?
>

> Thanks

Tin/lead compound (most solder) melts @ 183C, your chips would be a pool on
the bottom of your case

--
Phÿltêr
Denizen of Darkness #44 & AFJC Antipodean Attaché

> Alarm for CPU Diode:it has reached 184°C
> and this is on/past the value of 70°C which
> you set as high alarm value.
>

> Ignore Turn off
>
> Why does MBM 5.3.6.0 give this erroneous reading? I entered my mobo
> correctly. Asus A7N8X 1.4 build (Nforce 2 chipset)
>
> Wayne

Have you tried manually assigning sensors - (I am still on mbm 5.3.4.0) as
on older boards that do not support temperature readings I have got readings
like that, so maybe the sensors are incorrectly configured.

"Hippy Paul" <nul@anon.con> wrote in message

> "Wayne Wastier" <nobodyis@home.hww1955.msn.com> wrote in message
>> Alarm for CPU Diode:it has reached 184°C
>> and this is on/past the value of 70°C which
>> you set as high alarm value.
>>

>> Ignore Turn off
>>
>> Why does MBM 5.3.6.0 give this erroneous reading? I entered my mobo
>> correctly. Asus A7N8X 1.4 build (Nforce 2 chipset)
>>
>> Wayne
>
> Have you tried manually assigning sensors - (I am still on mbm 5.3.4.0) as
> on older boards that do not support temperature readings I have got
> readings
> like that, so maybe the sensors are incorrectly configured.

No, but I will try. What is worse though, is that the latest version of CPU
Brain shows the "Current Temperature" as 255° C. Of course that is
erroneous. LOL

Wayne

I had to manually look through the sensors and choose the ones that looked
right or matched the bios readings.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Wayne Wastier wrote:

> No, but I will try. What is worse though, is that the latest version of
> CPU
> Brain shows the "Current Temperature" as 255° C. Of course that is
> erroneous. LOL

Can you set a divider in the software? looking at your reported temps I
would guess at setting it to /5 which would give a temp of just over 50C
which is an average`ish reading.

I don`t know the software as I don`t do windows but on linux on my old board
the sensors had to be configured with a divider as the onboard chips were
new and not fully supported and gave weird results.

Could be way off here but just a thought :)

HTH

--
Mark
Iligitimi Non Carborundum!

Just check the temp that is reported in the bios.

"Wayne Wastier" <nobodyis@home.hww1955.msn.com> wrote in message
> I think this must be an error, or else my system wouldn't still work. The
> latest version of MBD shows this outlandish temp of 180° C on the diode,
but
> it can't be right, right?
>

> Thanks

Thanks for your response.

I found the problem was in the settings with MBM. I had to chose the sensor
chip manually, and now it shows a much lower temp of 50.

Wayne

"baskitcaise" <baskitcaise@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Wayne Wastier wrote:
>
>> No, but I will try. What is worse though, is that the latest version of
>> CPU
>> Brain shows the "Current Temperature" as 255° C. Of course that is
>> erroneous. LOL
>
> Can you set a divider in the software? looking at your reported temps I
> would guess at setting it to /5 which would give a temp of just over 50C
> which is an average`ish reading.
>
> I don`t know the software as I don`t do windows but on linux on my old
> board
> the sensors had to be configured with a divider as the onboard chips were
> new and not fully supported and gave weird results.
>

> Could be way off here but just a thought :)
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Mark
> Iligitimi Non Carborundum!
> Twixt hill and high water, N.Wales, UK

Yes, that is what did the trick for me as well. Thanks.

Wayne

"Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message
>I had to manually look through the sensors and choose the ones that looked
> right or matched the bios readings.
>

> --
> Ed Light
>
> Smiley :-/
> MS Smiley :-\
>
> Send spam to the FTC at
> uce@ftc.gov
> Thanks, robots.

I thought so too, but after I followed ED's advice, it now shows 50, instead
of over 200.