Question Is it possible to replace PSU without unscrewing my mobo

May 5, 2024
kinda newbie in this, but is it possible to replace my psu without laying the motherboard on a table

My specs
- mobo: Asrock B550M pro4
- cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
- cpu cooler: deepcool gammaxx something
- ram: 16GB(2x8GB T-force delta) DDR4 3600
- GPU: MSI RTX 3060TI Gaming X(The dual fan one)
- PSU: DK 1stplayer 600W bronze 80+
-Case: Cube gaming Friel(3 prebuilt front fans)
-5 extra case fans
- Monitor: AOC 24G2E(the 24inch 144hz one)

Solution
You have to unplug every connector/cable that links the PSU and motherboard, GPU, and drives or other components.
Then unscrew the PSU itself and take it out of the case.

You don't have to remove the motherboard. You will have to open the PC case to reach the connectors.

Handle the PSU with care once you take it out. Don't open it or anything like that. Recycle it as electronic waste.

Your new PSU will come with it's own cables. You must use the cables that come with the PSU. Can't mix them.

Lutfij

Titan
Case: Cube gaming Friel(3 prebuilt front fans)
+
is it possible to replace my psu without laying the motherboard on a table
I'm not sure I quite follow your question, but your PSU can be removed from your build without removing any other component in your build though you will need to disconnect the CPU connectors from all components in your build before you can remove said PSU. No you can't recycle your old PSU's cables if they are modular.

May 5, 2024
Case: Cube gaming Friel(3 prebuilt front fans)
+
is it possible to replace my psu without laying the motherboard on a table
I'm not sure I quite follow your question, but your PSU can be removed from your build without removing any other component in your build though you will need to disconnect the CPU connectors from all components in your build before you can remove said PSU. No you can't recycle your old PSU's cables if they are modular.
like idk if i need to unscrew the whole motherboard and put it on a workbench or stg

35below0

Notable
Jan 3, 2024
You have to unplug every connector/cable that links the PSU and motherboard, GPU, and drives or other components.
Then unscrew the PSU itself and take it out of the case.

You don't have to remove the motherboard. You will have to open the PC case to reach the connectors.

Handle the PSU with care once you take it out. Don't open it or anything like that. Recycle it as electronic waste.

Your new PSU will come with it's own cables. You must use the cables that come with the PSU. Can't mix them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mihari
Solution