[SOLVED] Is it possible to stream with a core i3 6100?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
I do have a good internet speed at 95 mbps but the only problem is, is that i have 2 core cpu(i3 6100).
So is it possible to play games and stream without lagging?

Solution
Nvidia's encoder might help you with streaming at those settings, but even then, I think your CPU is gonna hold you back.
Using nvidia encoder would slow down the game, he can use quicksync from the iGPU so that the nvidia card can focus on the game.
ill probably stream fortnite and apex legends, those games are pretty heavy. Is low settings 720p ok?
All you have to do is to connect the motherboard to a monitor input so that the igpu gets recognized and you can use OBS or whatever and tell it to use qsv for the encoder.
It can do 1080/60 very easily. Sadly fortnite blocks your whole CPU so the only way to get smooth recording is to use a frame limiter.

Lutfij

Titan
If you plan to game and stream off the same system, you're going to need a lot more oomph. If you just want the system to do streaming duties, it should be okay but with reduced details. Add gaming to that task list, you're going to need an i7 at the very least and a mid ranged GPU.

If the specs to your build are that which are listed in your sig space, please find it in your heart to mention them in the thread's body, to aid the community and the person in the same boat as you, considering that sig space specs can and will change over time. lastly, what games are you thinking of streaming and gaming at the same time?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
If you plan to game and stream off the same system, you're going to need a lot more oomph. If you just want the system to do streaming duties, it should be okay but with reduced details. Add gaming to that task list, you're going to need an i7 at the very least and a mid ranged GPU.

If the specs to your build are that which are listed in your sig space, please find it in your heart to mention them in the thread's body, to aid the community and the person in the same boat as you, considering that sig space specs can and will change over time. lastly, what games are you thinking of streaming and gaming at the same time?
ill probably stream fortnite and apex legends, those games are pretty heavy. Is low settings 720p ok?

Nvidia's encoder might help you with streaming at those settings, but even then, I think your CPU is gonna hold you back.
Using nvidia encoder would slow down the game, he can use quicksync from the iGPU so that the nvidia card can focus on the game.
All you have to do is to connect the motherboard to a monitor input so that the igpu gets recognized and you can use OBS or whatever and tell it to use qsv for the encoder.
It can do 1080/60 very easily. Sadly fortnite blocks your whole CPU so the only way to get smooth recording is to use a frame limiter.

Reactions: logainofhades
Solution