Question Is it safe to buy a used motherboard

Deatbstrike19781

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Hi im looking into getting a mini itx system and have found some motherboards on ebay at good prices i can link the one im looking at if it necessary i have build computers before and have never used a used motherboard so i was wondering if it is safe to do so and if it would blow or not im on a very tight budget and was looking to use this one for bringing to school and coding

Deatbstrike19781

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
these are brand new https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=mini+ATX+motherboard&N=100006521 4802&name=Top Sellers so compare the one you want to buy for the price of those dont forget used dont have warranty like new ones and since this is your first build i suggest you go with full warranty product and made sure you have someone that know how to build to help you .
this is not my first build but i just had no clue on if they were safe or not ebay offers a money back guarantee would that cover me if it is damaged

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
AM2 narrows down the odds of finding new to begin with, but look at the this way... We can spend $300 on a brand new motherboard and have it show up not working, they say it's working and eBay offers protection if there is an issue and they aren't being helpful getting the issue resolved. I'd just dig up old reviews on the board you are looking at and make sure they didn't commonly have issues.

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Hey if the seller seems genuine, good pics and description then in some ways I think it can be better than brand new because at least you know the component works. Brand new can be doa or have any odd part not working and you will tear your hair out trying to narrow down the problem.