Question Is it safe to connect speakers to my subwoofer?

TygoDoesStuff

Prominent
May 8, 2019
So, let me start, I don't have any knowledge about audio systems at all.
I recently got a Logitech s220 subwoofer, and I want to use it, the sub has a 3.5mm jack with the label 'speakers' on it. I don't have the original speakers, I have some cheap $10 speakers, and I want to connect them to the subwoofer because the subwoofer cant produces high tones. Will it be safe to connect the speakers?
the cables are as followed: from the sub, there goes one power cable to a power strip. Also from the sub, a mic cable and audio cable are going to my laptop. The sub has a volume control with a headphone jack and microphone jack. I then have my cheap speakers, the audio jack goes into the 'speaker' labeled port, and one USB for the RGB goes into my laptop. I have read online that it's bad to add speakers to a sub, is this also in my case? Also if I'm wrong please help me, I might be destroying my stuff and I don't know it and I would like to prevent that.
kind regards,
Tygo

Last edited:
From what I see....that sub is designed to use passive speakers.....because it is powered.

I think you can "probably" use your 10$ speakers. What really determines whether you can or should is the impedance of the speakers. Ideally you want the impedance of the new speakers to be the same as the old ones.

TygoDoesStuff

Prominent
May 8, 2019
Logitech sub doesn't work same way as normal subs do

anyway u could tell us your speaker parameters (ohms and watts)
The manual says the following:
-Power 2*3W
-Frequency 160Hz-20KHz
-Connection to the power by USB cable
-Output: Jack 3.5mm stereo
-Power DC 5V
-Dimensions: 78 x 99 x 175mm
-Speaker drive unit: 2.5 inch*2

If you're missing anything let me know