Question Is it safe to update chipset drivers for non-current bios versions?

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
Hi. I've recently got a replacement motherboard for the computer I built a couple of months ago because all of my games were crashing on the previous motherboard.
I now have a Z390 Aorus Ultra (1151), paired with an i7 9700k (Turbo Boosted) and I want to update my chipset drivers to improve performance, but mostly because I want to avoid issues coming from outdated chipset drivers. For my previous motherboard, there was only one file for chipset. There are 6 for my Aorus Ultra, so I'm guessing I should install them all (Note that I did a clean install of Windows, so the chipset drivers for the previous mobo are NOT on this system in case you were wondering).

My main question is, will a revision 1 bios version interfere with, or not allow, the chipset drivers to work correctly? I don't want to update my bios because I did that for the last board and had severe issues, and I'm not currently having any issues with my current board revision 1 bios. Also, could any issues arise from updating my chipsets? I won't update if I don't need to, so feel free to advise me how you will. Thanks.

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
I plan on updating chipset drivers, but I DON'T plan on updating my bios because I don't have any issues. I only want to update my chipsets to maximise performance, specifically in gaming. Here are the chipsets listed on the motherboard support page: View: https://imgur.com/WpESSDd

I'm not sure which chipsets I would need if I'm just bothered about performance. If anyone knows that would be great. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS