Question Is it safe to use an internal USB splitter with a NZXT internal USB hub?

Mar 4, 2021
Hi team! :)

First off, this is my very first time posting on here and I'm very excited.

So Im currently building my setup but I have a little problem with USB components, I have these:

1. NZXT Grid v2 (internal USB header)
  2. NZXT Hue 2+ (internal USB header)
  3. Asus ROG ryuo AIO (internal USB header)
  4. An Arduino nano board with an OLED based on ESP8266 (normal USB header)
  5. Razer Chroma RGB hub (internal USB port or any standard micro USB cable)
  6. 5" TFT LCD Display (standard micro USB to normal USB)

Yup that's quite a few, luckily, I have an NZXT internal USB hub that takes care of the first 5 on that list as it has 3 internal and 2 normal USB ports, but that leaves me the LCD display and I'm so tempted to just split one of the NZXT's internal USBs into two using a cheap internal USB 2-way splitter board but I'm worried about voltage delivery as I haven't seen anyone done this before.

So, my question today is this, is it safe to use an internal USB splitter on an NZXT internal USB hub? If not, apart from routing it at the back, what other options do I have?

Thank you so much!!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You do realize that most AIO's which need an USB port are just one row of wires, meaning a 2 row header is wasted. If I were you, I'd try and remove the pins from the connectors off of AIO's and make them as one, reintroduce the pins into the vacant slots on the connectors.

My answer is, no, don't use a hub off of a hub to power other devices.

Mar 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You do realize that most AIO's which need an USB port are just one row of wires, meaning a 2 row header is wasted. If I were you, I'd try and remove the pins from the connectors off of AIO's and make them as one, reintroduce the pins into the vacant slots on the connectors.

My answer is, no, don't use a hub off of a hub to power other devices.

Hi Lutfij!
I'm not sure if that would be possible. The ROG AIO has a micro USB on one end and a 2.0 USB header on the other which is convenient as it goes in one of the NZXT's ports. If only NZXT had one more port :( Or if the USB 3.1 internal had a converter to either 2.0 male or a standard USB but I can't find anything like that on amazon either :(