[SOLVED] Is it worth upgrading

Jan 30, 2019
i have i computer with a 6600k a gtx 1070 32gb of ddr 4 2133 rated. but i wanted to upgrade my pc to a 9700k or a 2700x a 2080 16 gb of ddr4 3200 rated but i don't know if its worth it. And if its worth waiting for the new 3700x. And which one is better for gaming and every day use the 9700k or the 2700x

Solution
I was running a 6600k for a little over 2 years before I upgraded a couple months ago. I'd say if you are bottlenecking in the games you play and it is the cpu that is the bottleneck then you should consider upgrading. I would generally suggest sticking with Intel if you upgrade otherwise you'll have to buy new memory for an AMD CPU which would increase the cost of your upgrade at least $200. You could wait for the new Intel and AMD CPUs to drop, but my guess is it isn't really going to affect your cost of upgrading much.
I very recently made thus same post and the general idea was upgrading the cpu would not be worth it just for gaming. I am going to do an rtx 2080, but am holding onto the cpu for a little longer. I am also playing at 1440 of that makes a difference.
I also wouldn't go from 32gb to 16gb even with the slight speed increase, that seems like a downgrade.

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
I was running a 6600k for a little over 2 years before I upgraded a couple months ago. I'd say if you are bottlenecking in the games you play and it is the cpu that is the bottleneck then you should consider upgrading. I would generally suggest sticking with Intel if you upgrade otherwise you'll have to buy new memory for an AMD CPU which would increase the cost of your upgrade at least $200. You could wait for the new Intel and AMD CPUs to drop, but my guess is it isn't really going to affect your cost of upgrading much.

Solution